Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous PN IP profile update

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Re: Erroneous PN IP profile update

Well, it seems this has happened again!
No line resync for over 15 days on 8,287 Kbps but suddenly today in the morning the PN IP profile has updated to a bizarre 2.8 Mbps, severely cutting the speed of our line. Either the data passed through from BT has changed this or someone accidentally manually updated wrongly.
Can someone from the CRT please set the IP profile back to where it should be at, pretty please.  Smiley
Edit: correcting profile value as not quite right first time.
That's RPM to you!!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We're just waiting for the profile to increase on BT's side. I've changed ours in readiness.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
RPMozley
Pro

Well that's different from last time. BT's profile should be instant and 88.2% of sync speed.
Just checked the BT further diagnostics and that's reporting the correct IP profile but still no change in speed.
Edit: Just logged a fault ticket in case this needs more looking into #98507912
That's RPM to you!!
RPMozley
Pro

Either it was a coincidence of time but after logging that fault ticket the speed appears to be back in line with things as they stand now (current sync 7,819 kbps).
A re-sync occurred just after the fault ticket report, hence I'm thinking this could have been automated tests being run? Now the BT profile and PN profile match at 6.9 mbps. All good now. Smiley
Anyway, still odd why BT got things in a mess, oh wait that is BT for you. Roll_eyes
That's RPM to you!!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming it's all OK.
Nobody has touched your ticket, so it probably was the automation. Anyway, as it's no longer needed, I've passed the ticket back to you. It can be re-opened if necessary any time within the next 14 days before it closes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
RPMozley
Pro

Thanks very much Tony.  Smiley
That's RPM to you!!