Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic U/S SNRM and resulting DLM interventions

jab1
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

Re: Erratic U/S SNRM and resulting DLM interventions

Hope I'm not going to put a curse on thisWink, but I seem to have stabalised at a connection speed of 9992Kbps and a d/s noise margin of 12dB.

The speed is acceptable - IF it is maintained, but I would still like to know why the SNR is so high?

I will leave the question to auto-close unless I hav e any more problems.

John
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

Hi @jab1,

I'm glad to hear that there's been an improvement. Smiley Regarding the SNR margin, this is subject to change based on DLM settings on your line, which are in place to try and provide the smoothest service possible. If the line and speeds remain stable at the current SNR margin then the DLM settings will keep it at this level and if there's any issues with the service then the DLM settings may adjust the SNR margin to compensate.

If you experience any further issues then please let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 14

All understood, @TheMightyAJ  - as I have said previously, I've spent many years on the interweb, and quite a few working closely with the IT people at my late employers, so I understand the basics, at least.Wink

I'm just a little surprised it has taken so long to stabalise the situation, but I'm happy - at the moment.

Be assured that if things go pear-shaped again, I'll be back.

John