Erratic U/S SNRM and resulting DLM interventions

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Erratic U/S SNRM and resulting DLM interventions

@Jubby wrote:

Hi @jab1,

As the circuit has been out of sync since 27/02/2019 12:56, I'm afraid I can't provide real-time data of the SNR. However, below is a graph of the SNR prior to loss of sync.

No problem, let us know on here once you have updated the ticket and we will pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

I have added the available dates/times. Earliest possible would be appreciated.

John
jab1
Legend

As a point of interest, just why does re-syncing my connection require an engineer visit to my property - surely this is an exchange-side issue? Or am I missing something?

John
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

HI @jab1 

Does seem a bit silly, but we can only go of what the supplier states i'm afraid. 

I've booked your appointment and updated your ticket.

Kind Regards, 

MoR

jab1
Legend

Many thanks, MoR. I appreciate you can only go on what they say, but I still don’t understand the reasoning 🙃

John
jab1
Legend

I appear to be back up and running, but having read the engineers report on his visit yesterday, I'm a bit confused.Smiley

No worries, all I want is a stable connection.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the update John. Engineer notes are a fine art to decipher at times, but it looks like they've just said that your broadband connection wasn't working when they arrived and no fault was found though we can see that some work must have been completed as you're up and running now. Let us know how things go over the next couple of days, I can see your fault ticket is on hold until the end of the week and a faults adviser will check back next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

I know engineers notes are intentionally? obtuse, @Gandalf , but without dropping anyone in it, what was said on the last set (as I can see on the ticket) bears only a scant resemblance to what I know I was told. Not saying any more in public, though.

As I said to the engineer when he last spoke to me, I will leave my monitoring on until Sunday, but will have to close it later to do my monthly house-keeping.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries, keep us posted on how your connection goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf  I've been quiet for a while - real life and all that - but to be honest I don't think we've solved the problem. As you can probably see from the RADIUS logs (can I have a copy from after the engineers visit, please), the connection is still erratic and DLM still sees a need to ramp my d/s SNR to 15dB.

Apart from a factory reset of the router, to re-establish connection to it, at around 11.00 on the 12th, all other connection drops were nothing to do with me.

As a point of interest, I was promised a phone-call update on Sunday 10/03/19 - which never happened, and ticket is still 'awaiting support team answer' Not happy, to be honest.

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're still having connection issues.

I've attached a visual RADIUS graph for you below

I'm afraid if the issue is still ongoing the only way we could progress would be to arrange another engineer as a TPM has been carried out which means the issue isn't likely to be in the exchange

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@MatthewWheeler I appreciate the issue isn't likely to be at the exchange, and the last engineer did say my line was one of the 'cleanest' he had seen round here, but you have to agree, something isn't quite right. I can't see what another engineer visit is likely to achieve, and am very reluctant to risk a 'No Fault Found' charge. If it helps, I will be back on here soon and post my current router stats.

Edited to add DSL log:

Router.PNG

John
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us.

I agree something still doesn't look right but ultimately it's trying to find the best way to fix it with what we can offer at the time.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

Up until now, I have been impressed with the service of this ticket by both PN & BT/OR. Sadly, it now appears the situation is falling down.I had reason to check something on the notes this morning, and found this at the end of the narrative:

RTC.PNG

No reason why it is being returned to me, no notification to me that it has been passed back, AND I am still waiting for the promised phone call which I expected on Sunday 10/3/19

Not happy.Sad

John
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@jab1,

There should always be a 'customer facing' response when the ticket is returned. I think it hasn't been done in this case mainly because the previously updated and emailed response had been deemed fine, the agent didn't want to detract from that, and ultimately it didn't need to be retained within a monitored pool here (not because it was resolved but more because it needed feedback/a response) if that makes sense.

jab1
Legend

@JOLO  - OK, I kind of get where you're coming from.

John