cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err, hello,

unhappyone

Err, hello,

being an oldey, maybe it,s me, but have a laptop, and unless I am sitting in the hall next to modem I lose connection, have tried everything, sick of resetting and filing out set up details, only to be told working , connection excellent, but cant access internet.
Have only been with these a mth, tried ringing customer service but que,s of between 15 1nd 28 mins wait, the cancellation line even longer? scary, remind me guys pls, I was told 60 day cooling off period, can anyone confirm? but as not providing the service it says it will,, that is a breach of contract,  I understand I have every right to cancel at no extra cost.If I ever get through!
feedback please  Crazy
4 REPLIES 4
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Err, hello,

Feedback. Try it with a cable please before blaming PlusNet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:orange Poll locked as it serves no purpose and topic move to Customer Support mod:end
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Is it the wireless that's disconnecting? As the router has been connected to us for One Day, 10:2:36 (on going) at the moment. If it is, you may want to try changing the wireless channel to see if it improves things.
To change channel, log into the router at 192.168.1.254
Click on
Home network
Wireless - click on WLAN
Configure
look for channel select, change to manual and just below change to desired channel.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What you've said looks like it is a problem with the wireless connection to the router.
As HPsauce suggested, an excellent first move would be to connect to the router with a cable and see if you then have any problems.
Have you checked if you or one of your neighbours have another wireless device (e.g. cordless phone) using the same channel number? Have you tried changing the wireless channel number on the router (try channels 1, 6 and 13 as they give minimum overlap)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)