cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer

Danhaswings

Engineer

The engineer should of arrived at 6pm at the latest and it's now 7pm.
What should I do?
14 REPLIES 14
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Engineer

complain very loudly  Angry
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Four years ago openreach engineer turned up at 8pm (the appointment was 6pm)
Danhaswings

Thanks for the replies, I'll carry on waiting. I'm 16 so I'm just doing homework at the moment. However my mum did take the day off work which hopefully wasn't a waste of time.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think openreach work until last time slot 9pm (not sure) the guy say to me four years ago he turn up 2 hours late because of workloads
Danhaswings

Okay thanks for the reply.
I hope he turns up soon!
Danhaswings

No one is here still...
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Look like he won't be coming now if the time went pass 9pm
See Adam Walker top post here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112969.0.html
Game over - you have to call back plusnet tomorrow
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Apologies for this, I'm chasing this up. It seems that the engineer cancelled the appointment due to heavy workload.
I've requested an expedite on this and will update you as soon as I have an update.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I think Openreach should be fined if never turn up and should pay to the customer who wasted the holiday day off work.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quite simply, it should be symmetrical.
OR charge around £150 if no-one is at the property (and there are plenty of examples where they seem to lie about that) so it should be the same paid to the customer  if they don't turn up on schedule.
Also there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for not informing the customer; why do PlusNet allow this sorry absence of communication to continue?
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I agree 100%
I urgently asking the management of plusnet to add feature on the member account of real live status (engineer visit tracking status) so the customer can see it and see the live status. See picture below for example:
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Danhaswings
I've left you a voicemail, I've booked an engineer to install your service tomorrow 8am -1pm. I hope that is ok for you, if it's not please let me know.

We do feed these instances back to our suppliers weekly, I know Adam has been dealing with this and I'm not 100% sure the exact stage or progress that is at.
It would be great to have the live status of engineers, it would be something that requires a lot of work as it's not our engineers that are used and we require updates from their systems and not ours. It looks like from the one you've posted it's Virgin which have their own engineers.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just seen that your engineer has not arrived, I really do apologise for this, not that that helps.
This is being chased up now and we'll be in-touch ASAP.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've got an appointment confirmed for tomorrow(4th), Matthew will be in-touch to let you know.