Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer visit complete - no internet

oliverpinion
Hooked

Engineer visit complete - no internet

Hi,

Our engineer visited yesterday morning but as of 8am, the router was still orange, with a red blinking broadband symbol. I would have thought our internet connection would be live by now - is there any reason why it wouldn't be?

Thanks for your help,

Sheila

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Engineer visit complete - no internet

Was your service due to 'go live' today?  The usual advice from PN is that despite what their e-mails say, the service may go live at any time up to midnight on the date specified.

I'm assuming your line is working. i.e. has a dialling tone and you can make and receive calls.

oliverpinion
Hooked

Hi Jonpe,

I can't seem to find a record of when my service was due to go live - I moved the account (and router) from another address so I just assumed it would be instantaneous; the cease date was Oct 8 at the previous property but Oct 16 was the first date an engineer could visit the new address. We also don't have a phone to check the line but I'm assuming that's what the engineer would have checked yesterday - I might be v wrong though!

Perhaps it will go live at midnight tonight, will update tomorrow.

Cheers

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@oliverpinion

While you wait for a member of staff to confirm the date, you can do a quick check for yourself to see if the order has a completion date.

Have a look at the BT Wholesale checker site at https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Enter your phone number and look in the text below the results table.

It will say if there is an open order on your line and more importantly the date it is due to be completed.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
oliverpinion
Hooked

Hi SpendLessTime,

Thank you, that's really helpful!

I looked it up and this is the first line in the table legend:

This PCP has a waiters list for FTTC VDSL services. You may place an order which will be dealt with in turn.

Which doesn't sound all that promising, but then there's no date listed either. The top two rows of the table say 'waiting list' also. 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@oliverpinion

That doesn't sound good for your order.

Really need to see some staff help here @Gandalf @MatthewWheeler please

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
oliverpinion
Hooked

thank you - the help is much appreciated!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Sheila.

From what I can see we haven't placed your fibre order yet so none of the fibre work at the cabinet(The green box in the road) would've been done.

Depending on the work needed to install a phone line, sometimes we need to wait until the line is active and records have updated correctly before being able to order a broadband service.

I've placed the fibre order now and the completion date should be in 5 working days on the 24th but this can be delayed depending on engineer availability.

We'll confirm this once we've received confirmation from our suppliers which is normally within 24 to 48 hours. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to let us know.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oliverpinion
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

Thank you for the update - it's good to know what's happened and thanks for placing the order. 

I'm a bit confused about the whole process to be honest, I kind of thought this was all triggered once we notified the house move team about our move (about 6 weeks ago). Is there anyone you'd recommend I can speak to about this? 

Thanks,

Sheila

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi Sheila, It can be quite confusing to understand so I can appreciate that you would like to speak to someone to explain the process.

I have tried to call you today but was unable to reach you, I have updated you further via a ticket here

Kind regards,

oliverpinion
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

I just realised that you mentioned confirmation within 24-48 h - but unsure whether confirmation should have been received by now or if this only happens once an engineer has been assigned? I have not received any notifications.

I am unable to log onto the Plusnet website so also can't see the status of any tickets.

Thanks for your help,

Sheila

oliverpinion
Hooked

Hi Satss,

Thank you - unfortunately I can't see the ticket because the website seems to be down. It'd be great to have an update on the status of our order because I don't think we're any closer to having working internet, which is a little frustrating. 

Thanks for your help,

Sheila

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Sheila.

I just realised that you mentioned confirmation within 24-48 h - but unsure whether confirmation should have been received by now or if this only happens once an engineer has been assigned? I have not received any notifications.

Confirmation should've been sent last week, but it looks like we didn't relay this to you. Sad

From what I can see the order is due to complete on the 02/11/2018. Unfortunately it'd be based on engineer availability.

I am unable to log onto the Plusnet website so also can't see the status of any tickets.

Are you able to login now? If not do you get any particular error message?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
oliverpinion
Hooked

Hi Gandalf,

So can I confirm that the fibre order was made last Wednesday and is now only coming from next Friday onwards? I am very dubious that we are going to get this fixed in the forseeable future, though I appreciate this is not your problem! Very frustrating. I think I am going to have to speak to someone about cancelling this contract. 

Here is what happens when I try to login to the plusnet website (screenshot attached). 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

So can I confirm that the fibre order was made last Wednesday and is now only coming from next Friday onwards? I am very dubious that we are going to get this fixed in the forseeable future, though I appreciate this is not your problem! Very frustrating. I think I am going to have to speak to someone about cancelling this contract. 

The order was placed on the 17th. We requested the 24th for the completion date.

This was pushed back to the 2nd November due to engineer availability.

Here is what happens when I try to login to the plusnet website (screenshot attached). 

Thanks. Are you able to try a different browser or device?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet