cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

leximo

Engineer no show

Hi,
Well we've finally got FTTC available, so eagerly I signed up on the PlusNet website (upgrade of existing ADSL account). Had one email from plusnet confirming the order and one saying my account was being changed to fibre.
And then ... engineer does a no show, left sitting indoors (ok it was cold outside and I wasn't going anywhere anyway! Smiley ), raised a ticket with PlusNet and waiting for them to find out what happened (no notes left they said). Hope my next install date isn't going to be another 2 weeks.
Only plus point of it all was I noticed my line has now reach a huge 1Mb on ADSL, never seen it so fast!
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Engineer no show

Really sorry for the disappointment today,
I'll pick this up and chase if for you ASAP. Re the engineer notes we have to allow 2 hours after the timeslot for that to come through so I'll make sure I come back and pick this up again after 3pm.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
leximo

Hi Adam,
Thanks - the install was actually meant to be yesterday (1pm-6pm) Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers, I assumed that was today, I'll take a look shortly.

EDIT:
The engineer didn't arrive due to our suppliers having "resource issues" in your area I'm afraid. I'll need to book a new appointment tomorrow and I'm expecting that to be expedited to take place within the next few days.
With that in mind would anyone be able to be in for the visit to take place over the next few days.
Sorry again for the hassle by the way.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnot

Advice from signed up fibre optic customer, keep contacting Plusnet to raise that 'ticket' as they have to email you in response......16 days, 3 failed engineer visits and 'stuck' in the BT system - still no engineer appointment. Good luck.
leximo

Hi Adam,
Thanks - yes someone will be in for the engineer visit.
EDIT: Just had a call from Openreach organising engineer for 4th April (PM slot). Fingers crossed!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers,
I'll be in touch as soon as I've been able to arrange an appointment.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team