cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show?

pac1978

Engineer no show?

So, I was due an engineer visit yesterday for an install. This was booked on the 22nd March. I have had zero contact with anyone from Plusnet since.

I have been trying all week to get hold of someone to see if the install was still going ahead. They aren’t answering calls, social media or any other channels that I’ve tried.

No one showed up. I can understand them cancelling, if anything I was expecting it, but just to not show up is pretty shoddy. They’ve got 2 numbers and an email for me, yet no contact has been made at all.

First time Plusnet user, and our relationship is not off to a good start.
7 REPLIES 7
Hybrid223

Re: Engineer no show?

Ditto.

I'm in exactly the same position, another first time Plusnet user. Similar date of order, and the engineer installation was booked for yesterday.

I'd understand if they'd needed to rearrange, but there was no communication - the engineer simply did not turn up.

I also cannot get in touch with customer services. 

@ Plusnet - Please can you get in touch and let me know the next steps / when the engineer can come around.

Many thanks in advance, and hope you are all otherwise keeping well.

DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

pac1978

That’s fair, I honestly expected them to cancel it, but the fact that no one has made any attempt to contact me to re-arrange is what is irritating.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi pac1978, 

Sorry about the issue with the order, it seems to be more due to a system issue that caused the broadband order to cancel, we didn't have any visibility of this so apologies that we weren't able to update you.

I've placed a new broadband order and will be able to confirm the due date within the next few days.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=200649035

Hi Hybrid223, 

I'm sorry to see that your phone line order has gone into delay. Unfortunately we're unable to chase for updates on such things at present but the order should still progress over time so I'll keep an eye on that for you. 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=200649573

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pac1978

So, that’s it? Just a ‘sorry’? This is the first time I’ve had contact with anyone from Plusnet, several days AFTER my installation was booked to take place. Really poor.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We didn't have any acknowledgement of the issue so we couldn't let you know due to us not being aware I'm afraid. 

I'm processing a new broadband order for you and will keep you posted of the progress. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pac1978

Well, I had acknowledgement of the almost £70 leaving my bank account for the installation.

I had been trying to make you acknowledge me all week, no one was answering the phone, no one was on the social media support channels. “We didn’t know” just sounds like an incompetent excuse.