cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer did not turn up for the 3rd time

ylzblt

Engineer did not turn up for the 3rd time

Hi,
The fibre installation has not been completed yet as this is the third time that no engineer turns up to complete the work and it is almost a month now since the first booking was arranged on 14 aug. ..Second time we were even told that the engineer came but could not access the property and no one answered the phone, claiming that they took a picture of our house door, and we were informed to be charged for £50.00 for not being there at the appointment date/time. When asked for a proof of the photo or a voice message or a note left at the door, there was no answer because being waited so long we made sure not to miss any knock on the door.a day after we received an apology r saying that there was a miscommunication between engineers and in fact nobody turned up on that day. After all we were promised to complete the job and given today morning slot for a new appointment and guess what? nobody turned up again...We cannot take any more days off and hours on the phone, really want this to be sorted today, otherwise we will have to cancel the order and raise a complain to relevant bodies...
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Engineer did not turned up or the 3rd time

You may find this useful: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi ylzblt,
I am really sorry to hear about this.  Embarrassed
We have a notification on our suppliers' systems confirming that we booked an appointment for this morning. However, for whatever reason it's not been booked in as accordingly. This is pretty infuriating for ourselves as well as you.
I will provide you with a ticket update on: 89268864 shortly.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: ylzblt
..otherwise we will have to cancel the order and raise a complain to relevant bodies...

Hi ylzblt,
Welcome to the forums, sorry to learn of your trials and tribulations over BTOR (or their subcontractors) not turning up for their appointments.  Their performance is appalling and no one seems willing or able to hold them to account - not Ofcom who is appointed to regulate them nor ISPs / CPs who are their customers.
Simply not turning up for appointments, claiming to have turned up and claiming no one was in and simply not having properly booked ISP confirmed appointments in their systems are but a few of the BTOR reasons for user perceived "appointment no shows".  I recently had a "BTOR decided that the problem was not one which warranted their attention (even though BTw accepted there was) and therefore unilaterally cancelled the appointment without telling anyone" no show after waiting in all morning.
Unless you can move to Virgin Media (who do not use BTOR infrastructure) no matter which ISP you turn to, you will be faced with the same incompetent BTOR (not) delivering the service.  Given that you have had 3 failures to deliver, I am wondering if your locality is subcontracted to Kelly Communications.  Frustrating as it is, your best bet is to stick with PlusNet and let them kick BTOR to deliver - in this case an expedited install.
If you want to complain, then I am afraid other than a "we are very sorry" from PlusNet you are not likely to get much else as there is no channel for you to be heard by those causing the problems.  You are not a customer of BTOR so they will not even receive, let alone listen, to your justifiable complaint.  Ofcom is a toothless tiger, which makes a lot of noise, will not accept individual complaints (they will direct you to your ISP/CP), does nothing to cause BTOR to improve matters... unless they can get agreement from the EU.
A letter to Andy Barker - PlusNet's CEO - might get a response, but it does not appear that even though he is a "BT man" he has any visible influence in getting BTOR to deliver a better service for his (PlusNet's) customers.  If he had, one might have expected to discern a marked improvement in this aspect of service delivery given he has been in post 10 months.
If you want to vent your fury, you might care to write to your MP outlining to him the complete abysmal failure of BTOR to support the UK telecoms service requirements and that the commercial interfaces available to you are powerless to deliver improvements.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ylzblt

Hi Townman,
Many thanks for your detailed, helpful reply, I really appreciate it...
I guess the next thing we will have to do to cancel the order as this has cost a lot of frustration and waste of time/money not only for me but also for my husband and one of our friend (because we couldn't take any more days off for the last appointment and asked a friend to be there). Now I am given the next available date which is next Wednesday however we are not quite sure if this date will be available for us.
MattyC,
As being a Plusnet customer for more than two years all we wanted was to keep the contract when we moved to our new house, however moving broadband has turned to be a nightmare.
Concerning all the stress and frustration we experienced during this process I kindly request you to cancel my contract, I believe at least we have the right to ask now and hope this can be done without creating any additional issues.
Thanks