Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer No Show?

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Engineer No Show?

In fairness, if the bloke has to go down a manhole cover which are prone to flooding (with freezing water) or up a pole 20 - 30ft in the air (with faster and more aggressive winds) then I can actually side with BT. At 17:00 if the blokes been out in it all day he may well not be able to carry on. I've done outdoor work, it's horrible in this weather.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
JamesU2002
Grafter

Quote from: Sprite
In fairness, if the bloke has to go down a manhole cover which are prone to flooding (with freezing water) or up a pole 20 - 30ft in the air (with faster and more aggressive winds) then I can actually side with BT. At 17:00 if the blokes been out in it all day he may well not be able to carry on. I've done outdoor work, it's horrible in this weather.

Trust me. Today's weather round here was nowhere near that.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: JamesU2002
No explanation why.

Sadly, as with other examples that have been discussed recently, no explanantion and even worse no communicationCry
Plusnet really do need to get a grip on this.
Whatever the reason that an engineer doesn't turn up there really can hardly ever be an excuse for not communicating the situation to the customer sitting waiting and with apparently no-one giving a d**n!
TBag
Grafter

No explanation why.

Hmmm. That gives me food for thought. I've got my installation tomorrow AM. Weather in London area is cold with snow flurries. Well won't be long, I'll know by next 12 hours, wouldn't I  Roll_eyes
Plusnet should really get a handle on this no show scenario.
shalom2010
Grafter

Well @TBag, I had my installation on the 22nd of January & my road was covered in black ice, the engineer said they come out in 'all weathers', so that should not be a reason.
TBag
Grafter

@shalom2010
Sounds encouraging cheers. I can see the BT cabinet from here. Don't see any manholes that the man would have to jump in. I'm quite optimistic. Here's hoping he turns up tomorrow nice and shine  Smiley
JamesU2002
Grafter

No news.
Basically, started paying for a service I don't have.  Sad
anonymousthegee
Dabbler

Sorry to hear that, not good Sad
I'm due to have installation today, AM slot, and as yet no call so hoping it's not an ominous sign!
TBag
Grafter

Same here. Install AM today, no show so far, and it's 12 o'clock. Doesn't look very promising  Cry
Edit:  Soon as I posted, got a call from the engineer, uncanny  Smiley  He's going to be coming in the next 15 minutes. Well, if every thing goes well or not, I'll be reporting here the day's events. Good luck to all those waiting.
AndyH
Grafter

@ anonymousthegeek
I would try calling PN (from another number than you gave for the engineer - if possible) as they have had a number of orders cancelled or not processed properly by BT's systems which hasn't been communicated back to customers before the engineer was due.
JamesU2002
Grafter

Still no word today from Plusnet or BT about the failure of the engineer to turn up yesterday.
Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the engineer failing to arrive, bear with us and I'll pick that up ASAP today.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
anonymousthegee
Dabbler

Engineer did turn up shortly after I posted Smiley No phone call up front, so if you're still waiting don't give up hope! Now enjoying an awesome 80/20 connection
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks anonymousthegeek,
I'll send on some  feedback as to why you weren't called.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
anonymousthegee
Dabbler

@Adam - it's not a problem, I was very happy with the service Smiley