Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Never Arrived.

wo0x
Grafter

Re: Engineer Never Arrived.

Hi...
Chris, I've been told that yet another engineer visit can be booked. Is this just going to be a case of another guy showing up and running the same tests again? I'm tired of wasting entire afternoons just to be told the line is fine each time. Are you able to request a lift and shift at the exchange as part of this visit? I was told by an engineer this was the ''only thing left to try as we have exhausted all other avenues.''
As said, if it's just going to be the same routine as previously then I'd rather not waste anyone's time.
Ps
Please investigate the DLM Profile Data for further drilled down detail on this fault.

What did this investigation tell you, if anything?

Cheers,
Wo0x.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I think we can get a Lift and Shift done as your line hasn't been right since that was done in the first place so I don't think you're perhaps even on the best available pair.
We'll need to get an engineer out to get this sorted out, but when you reply to the ticket, request the L&S and we'll add notes to ensure this gets done.
wo0x
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
when you reply to the ticket, request the L&S and we'll add notes to ensure this gets done.

Thanks, Chris. I've replied to the ticket with my availability for an engineer visit.
Cheers,
Wo0x.
wo0x
Grafter

Hi,
The engineer just left. He said the line is 'perfect' which is the same thing all but one of the engineers has said. He can't understand ''why they (Plusnet) keep pushing it to us as the line is perfect.'' He said that he's pushing it back to you to investigate.
Was the lift and shift performed as requested? He didn't seem to know anything about it.
Cheers,
Wo0x.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Would you be able to update your ticket requesting that this fault be escalated for a Lift and Shift to be carried out please?
wo0x
Grafter

I asked for that last time I replied, Chris. I'll do it again. Can this be done without another engineer visit to my home? The engineer agrees that visiting is a waste of time as there is no fault with the line.
Incidentally, the disconnection happened again this morning.
Jul  4 06:14:23 daemon notice syslog: pppd:LCP terminated by peer

Jul  4 06:14:57 daemon notice syslog: pppd:IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

Cheers,
Wo0x.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll pick the ticket up instead myself, it's probably going to be easier that way to be honest as I know what we're trying to achieve.
It might need 1 more visit. I'm going to try and arrange for a Lift & Shift to be carried out as part of a Task instead of a Home Visit though, so leave it with me for now.
wo0x
Grafter

Thank you.  Smiley
wo0x
Grafter

I'm going to try and arrange for a Lift & Shift to be carried out as part of a Task instead of a Home Visit

Hi, I think the lift and shift was performed on Saturday as I lost connection for 20-30 minutes. I've only had a single drop since then, which was a negative DLM change that I assume is down to the drops both prior to and during the engineer visit and during the exchange work. I'm about to reboot the router now to enable DMZ for my PS4.
Could you please reset the line with interleaving set to auto, then match the Plusnet profile to the BT IP profile?
Cheers,
Wo0x.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've not received confirmation that the Lift & Shift has been completed yet, but I've done the reset anyhow just in case.
Let me know how you get on.
wo0x
Grafter

Hi, thanks for the line reset.

Let me know how you get on.

Things seemed to be going well with a sync of 18.1Mbps and BT IP profile of 15.9. I was getting around 15.5Mbps on speedtests. Then I had a disconnection at 19:32, sync and IP profile stayed the same, but the Plusnet IP profile has gone back down to 6.2Mbps.  Undecided
Cheers,
Wo0x.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's odd, I'm still seeing the correct CVLAN Rate on our suppliers systems. Can you check again to see if it's come back up please?
wo0x
Grafter

Hi,
"Current line speed 6.2Mb."
Undecided
Cheers,
Wo0x.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just amended that.
Your SNR has moved from 6db to 9db so I'm monitoring that pretty closely.
wo0x
Grafter

Hi,

Your SNR has moved from 6db to 9db

SNR is up to 12db. I'm still seeing these PPP drops.
Jul  9 18:00:31 daemon notice syslog: pppd:LCP terminated by peer
Jul  9 18:00:31 daemon crit syslog: Clear IP addresses.  PPP connection DOWN.
Jul  9 18:00:31 daemon crit syslog: Clear IP addresses.  Connection DOWN.
Jul  9 18:00:34 daemon notice syslog: pppd:Connection terminated.
Jul  9 18:00:34 daemon notice syslog: pppd:Connect time 302.4 minutes.
Jul  9 18:00:34 daemon notice syslog: pppd:Sent 17747827 bytes, received 203552569 bytes.
Jul  9 18:00:37 daemon notice syslog: PPP: Start to connect ...
Jul  9 18:00:39 daemon warn kernel: netdev path : pppoa0 -> atm0
Jul  9 18:00:39 daemon notice syslog: pppd:Using interface pppoa0
Jul  9 18:00:39 daemon notice syslog: pppd:Connect: pppoa0 <-->
Jul  9 18:00:39 daemon crit syslog: PPP LCP UP.
Jul  9 18:00:41 daemon crit syslog: PPP LCP UP.

One of your previous replies on the fault ticket stated
Please investigate the DLM Profile Data for further drilled down detail on this fault.

Did this show anything? It'd be interesting to see why DLM is increasing the SNR, and why the PPP session gets dropped.
Most recent comment states
Lift & Shift has been completed (confirmed by escalation owner).
I have my doubts, escalated from Team Member to Team Leader and asked for specifics on when L&S was carried out to match it against RADIUS records.

Doubts that the L&S was actually completed?
Cheers,
Wo0x.

*Edit*
Shortly after posting the ADSL went down
Jul  9 18:38:43 daemon crit kernel: Line 0: ADSL link down

I picked up the phone and there was no dial tone. I've seen others mention trying a quiet line test whilst the net is down, but obviously couldn't do this.