Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Never Arrived.

wo0x
Grafter

Engineer Never Arrived.

Question #79580565
Hi, 1-6pm slot was booked for today. I have sat for over 5 hours waiting and they never arrived. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I also had a disconnection at 18:30, I thought for a moment that the engineer was at the exchange and I could expect them to arrive late, but I guess that must have just been coincidence.
I'm already annoyed considering this fault ticket has been open since January and I have been told there's no fault, then told there is... then told the line is perfect, now I'm currently being told ''you're right, after more in-depth testing we can see the line is initialising a lot more often than the radius logs show,'' so for the engineer to not even bother showing up without so much as a call or text to let me know takes the pi...
Cheers,
Wo0x.
134 REPLIES 134
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Engineer Never Arrived.

Hi Wo0x,
Gutted, really sorry about that. I'll take the reins on getting another booked in and confirmed.
I'll aim to update you about that and hopefully get some feedback on why the engineer didn't show up when expected ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

BTOR no-show compensation?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

wo0x
Grafter

Thank you, Adam. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Wo0x,
I've updated your ticket with a new appointment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wo0x
Grafter

Thanks again, Adam.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Townman
BTOR no-show compensation?

@Wo0x
Have a look at http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen.... Missed appointment payment is the relevant item. This is what OpenReach will be paying Plusnet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
wo0x
Grafter

Quote from: jelv

Missed appointment payment is the relevant item. This is what OpenReach will be paying Plusnet.

So I lose 5 hours and Plusnet gain £45... or am I not understanding this correctly?
Cheers,
Wo0x.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You understand correctly. I thought that information might help when you come to discuss compensation. They could avoid this by making the new appointment at a time to suit you - e.g. Saturday. You might also find http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights useful.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I trust you're OK with the new appointment Wo0x?
I've passed the ticket back to Kevin now that's been confirmed.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wo0x
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
You understand correctly.

Thanks, it's certainly interesting that there's a system in place to compensate for missed appointments, but it's not the person that was inconvenienced that's compensated.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I trust you're OK with the new appointment Wo0x?

Yes, it's fine. I just want it fixed, sick of it now. Today, after a disconnection, it won't even connect on ADSL2+ automatically, I'm currently at a lower sync rate than I was achieving before the exchange was 'upgraded.' If the idea that the Plusnet IP profile would one day update in real-time (or close to it) wasn't a myth, I'd at least be able to force ADSL2+ when I have large files to download.
Cheers,
Wo0x.
wo0x
Grafter

Hi, could one of the DCT guys please adjust my profile on Plusnet's side to match the BT profile? Currently 15.31
The engineer arrived today and was very thorough in his investigations (he was here for 4 hours.) Once again he found the line in my home to be 'perfect.' He tested at the master socket and at the point the line enters my home. He then set about investigating every stretch of overhead wire from my home to the point that the wire goes underground. He found that a section of wire in my neighbour's garden was corroded, he has fixed this, but said he can't be confident this will solve my issues. He wanted to be thorough in an effort to rule out as much as possible. He also fitted the latest filtered faceplate.
I had two disconnections within an hour of him leaving, I shall continue to monitor the situation and let you know if the disconnections continue and if the SNR rises again.
Cheers,
Wo0x.
chrcoluk
Grafter

yeah I dont know of any isp that passes on the compensation, but at least plusnet "undercharge" for chargeable visits, so they have the excuse they use these compensation payments to subsidise.
AndyH
Grafter

A missed appointment costs an ISP in terms of revenue and time then dealing with chasing up an explanation/making a new appointment etc.
In terms of the end user, I think most ISPs give you a month's free internet for a missed appointment.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

When I moved, I was left without internet for a number of weeks about 1 month tops.
I was totally reliant on my 3G/4G EE service for my connection to laptops etc...  When my EE bill came I obviously went over my data allowance and the bill was around GBP 150 and it was normally GBP 35.  I run a business from home so internet connection was vital.
I was given 2 months of free FTTC broadband and Openreach covered my mobile bill for 2 months including the excessive bill and provided neighbours free extension socket installations.
The problem came down to insufficient cabling from the exchange to the estate and had to pipe new equipment and cabling down which took that amount of time.  The rest of the residents all received some type of compensation from their ISP and Openreach, including gift vouchers for retailers etc...
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up