Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Booked? Why?

micky007
Dabbler

Engineer Booked? Why?

Hi,
I have order PlusNet a few days ago and today i got an email saying i have a new support ticket open. I go and have a look what this is about and a PlusNet support member has told me that they have booked an engineer to come round to my house. I dont get it, why should an engineer come to my house? for what reason? We have a phone line, i thought all we had to do was wait for them to activate the phone line and internet, get the router and plug it in and away we go. If this engineer is going to be drilling into the walls or anything then i will need to inform my landlord.
Does anyone know what this engineer will do?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Engineer Booked? Why?

Welcome to the Forum
if you have a line but no service, it might not be even connected to the exchange, the have to come and make sure
micky007
Dabbler

No, strange thing is even though we are not with any company we are still able to dial out but we can not recieve calls. Another thing is we dont even get charged for the calls we make, we where with Sky but we canceled over a month ago but yet we can still make calls and not even get charged for them. Even overseas calls!
So i know we are still connected to the exchange or if we wasnt we wouldnt be able to dial out.
Any other ideas why an engineer would come down?
micky007
Dabbler

Maybe someone from NetPlus support would know?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Any other ideas why an engineer would come down?

As I understand it they (BT) always book an engineer visit to ensure that they can have access to the property just in case. In the case of an existing line they normally don't need to visit ( and probably won't!) as any work is done at the exchange BUT just in case the engineer needs to test the line from your property they like to ensure that someone is there to let him in.
Hope that helps to explain it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsme
Grafter

If you dial 17070 what number does it say that you on. Is it the number you had with Sky? I would be careful making calls because you may be charged at a later date.
micky007
Dabbler

Hi,
Yea its still shows the Sky Number. But its been over a month (nearly 2 months actually) and we have never been charged for any calls we make. If we do then so be it I'll pay the bill but if not then free calls Cheesy
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI micky007, I've just checked the order on the BT system and you have an engineer booked for between 1-6pm on Wednesday 23/06/2010 I was about to tell you that your line seems to be on the Sky network and this is the reason the engineer needs to visit. If this appointment is unsuitable for you then just lets us know so we can rebook it.