Enable fast path

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enable fast path

No worries anyway, will just wait and see Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

Internet just came back on a moment ago, not sure if that's the end of the TPM order but will see how this goes.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we've not had confirmation that the TPM has been completed yet but we'll let you know when we've had an update about that. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like the TPM order must be completed now, since I'm back online after it being off for one day.

Standard equipment only, with approximately 15 hours uptime and not necessary to use cat5e adsl cable. That seems like an improvement so far. I will keep watching it to see if it's clear of any drops, and if it is then I'll get back to you to see what you think about the line condition.

Note: please don't run any tests just yet as that will give me a chance to see if there are drops still.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@Anonymous - thanks for the update. 

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance at all. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Standard equipment only, with approximately 15 hours uptime and not necessary to use cat5e adsl cable. That seems like an improvement so far.

And with no 'noise' on your mains too, you'll be flying along Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to sort that today, pendant lights getting sorted in a weeks time. So will see what difference that makes, at least I'll know the place is in good repair.

I noticed something with one of my surge protectors interestingly enough. I don't know when it happened but the protection light on it is now dim. According to the belkin website the light being 'off' it means it took the brunt of a surge, and now is an extension lead only. Assuming it being dim is the same as off or close enough, then maybe it has taken a surge.

I'd want to give it a week before saying the fault is clear, then let pn take a look and see if they agree. Can't hurt to see if any faults are still present, so as not to revisit it again a week later.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

No problem @Anonymous

I've checked the supplier systems and they confirm the TMP completed today so hopefully you're back in business.

However as it was only hours ago it was confirmed, we would recommend you monitor the connection, at least over the next few days.

I've updated ticket your ticket here and escalated it you for monitoring. If you encounter any problems, let us know.

DS
Seasoned Champion

the protection light on it is now dim

Hmm, it does sound like it's took a hit

(hard to say say with 100% confidence)

But with the electrical issues you have, it's a bit too much of a coincidence me thinks....?Undecided

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DS 

Could it have been when the fuse went on the other extension lead though.. the one that arced?

I actually checked the halogen heater from a mains socket and that still works. It didn't work from the aforementioned extension lead anymore (actually sometimes did or didn't) so I've replaced that, got a working kettle to boot.

The electrician visited today and made the mains silent again. Sadly lost my 18+ hours uptime on the dsl though, as he obviously needed everything off to do it. He didn't fix the socket that was connected on the water heater circuit since he said if it's working they leave it alone. Should I bother trying to get that sorted still?

DS
Seasoned Champion

Yep, for a fuse to pop, it's either a surge in current or a dead short Wink

If the lead isn't powering the light, then again it's the lead Sad

Good, but shame about the router. Oh well, start the clock again! Wink

Hey!Huh If that switch kills the wall socket, then that's not right. Surprised by his comments if I'm honest. what would he/you do if the router was in that wall socket, every time you turn the water heater on and off it'd kill the router. Just daft is that! Wall sockets are or should not be affected by another switch. All the right wires are there, just need moving around a bit. If you don't use that wall socket then guess you could leave it, but make them aware on the next inspection (as in show them).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I should say only turning off the mains switch turns that socket off, just to be clear. The regular button for the water heater doesn't affect it that I know of.

The wall socket is awkwardly positioned above a storage heater. So if I need the storage heater I'd have to unplug anything in there, I wouldn't want any cables getting heated up.

This may confuse it a bit but I wouldn't mind plugging the halogen heater into that socket instead of using the storage heater, since it's the only socket low enough for the cable to reach.

DS
Seasoned Champion

Right, can picture things better now Smiley

It's probably the case the wall socket is wired to the the switch, which means the socket is fed from the on/off (main) switch on the fused spur. Chances are that wall socket is independent to the other wall sockets.

The heater switch will only turn the heater off and on.

The location of the wall switch could mean it 'replaced' what might have been there before, and that wall socket is 'designed' for the heater(s) only.

I wouldn't worry about it to much now, as long as the breaker serving that wall/heater socket is rated correctly. The rating of the breaker should not exceed the rating of the cable serving it. So if the wiring from the consumer unit/distribution board is 2.5mm twin and earth, then the breaker should be 20amps or lower. I guess the sparks would have checked this.

Again, as long as the breaker isn't too high, or indeed too low, the light in that socket should work, but ideally don't use the light via an extension, unless it's rated high enough.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would make some sense actually, as the socket is lower down the wall but the water heater wall switch is directly under the mains box. The mains box is small as it's not a big flat so maybe that's why. Anyway cheers, I think I have no more worries now since the lights will be sorted.

DS
Seasoned Champion

It sound about right anyway;)

And yes, once the lights are sorted, you should be good to go Smiley