cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email verification saying that broadband is active, but it isnt!

StephenF
Grafter

Email verification saying that broadband is active, but it isnt!

hi, i recently recommended a friend to pnet, they have recieved their router and yesterday (or the day before, they cant remember) their internet disconnected for about half an hour, to come back on shortly after. they were on tiscali, expecting this to be the switch over to plusnet, however, the router they currently use is a tiscali hardcoded router (wankers) and we ordered the plusnet one which has arrived.
what is suprising though, is after the downtime, they recieved an email saying that their plusnet connection is now active, however, they are still using the tiscali router, and when i did a tracert, it most certainly isnt going through the plusnet gateways.
couple of questions,
firstly, how can they be connected to tiscali if their line has been switched over to plusnet?
secondly, they cannot be connected to both surely?
if somebody could let me know asap whats going on i would appreciate it. her username is juliegrinney.
thanks
2 REPLIES 2
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Email verification saying that broadband is active, but it isnt!

On the day I was supposed to move from BT  I received a call from Plusnet (I had been chasing to find out about delivery of a new router). The lady said that she saw that I had been activated earlier that afternoon. I assured her that I was at that moment working with my old router connected to BT. I changed the router settings and rebooted and then I was with Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Email verification saying that broadband is active, but it isnt!

From what I can tell they've been connected for over 20 hours constant to us Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.