Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email saying fibre is activated but engineer appointment hasnt even been booked

reecicles
Grafter

Email saying fibre is activated but engineer appointment hasnt even been booked

i had an email from a ticket that was updated saying the below:
We hope you are enjoying your new Fibre service from Plusnet, and the increased speeds it offers.
Because your Fibre service was activated part-way through your normal billing period, there is a pro-rata charge to pay to cover the increase in billing from the date the new service was activated until your next regular billing date.
Your outstanding fee to pay is £ 7.67 covering you for 23 days of Fibre service. Please be aware that the broadband fees you paid on your last billing date covering the same period, have been taken in to account when calculating the pro-rata charge due.
Because we have had to generate the invoice for this fee manually, then unfortunately we cannot request it via direct debit, and the option for you to pay online will not be available. To make this payment over the phone by debit/credit card, please contact our friendly billing team on 0845 1400 104 - Mon-Fri: 8am-9pm or Sat: 8am-4.30pm.

I havnt even had an appointment yet and theyre already going to charge me just because the order went through?Huh
If its activated does that mean i can use the modem and router i had from my previous household and it should work immediately tonight? without the need of an engineer appointment?
cheers
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Email saying fibre is activated but engineer appointment hasnt even been booked

Hi reecicles,
I'm sorry it seems that your account has been upgraded to Fibre prior to the installation date. I was waiting for the modify order to uncap your upload completed so that I could go ahead and place your Fibre order for you today.
I can now place the order and will be confirming the installation date with you in the next 10-15 minutes. Are you able to provide me with 3 appointment slots that you could be available for the engineers visit after 08/04/2014 please and I'll endeavor to get one of them booked for you? Appointment slots are between 8AM and 1PM (AM) or between 1PM and 6PM (PM).
I'll ensure any extra payment for being billed for Fibre from today is rectified once the service is installed for you. Sorry for any confusion and inconvenience caused.
reecicles
Grafter

Re: Email saying fibre is activated but engineer appointment hasnt even been booked

If that includes 08/04 then 08/04 AM would be best.
otherwise:
09/04 PM
10/04 AM
10/04 PM
thanks
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks reecicles. The order's been placed and the appointment date should be confirmed in the next 24 working hours. I'll check back on this for you tomorrow and hopefully confirm the date with you Smiley
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your engineers appointment has been booked for 10/04/2014 between 8AM and 1PM. We'll monitor this to completion for you and I'll ensure the discounts are applied once the installation is complete.