cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email delays still happening?

Tony_W
Grafter

Re: Email delays still happening?

Any update on this? I am still awaiting emails 24 hours old.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Our engineers are still on the case Tony. They thought they'd identified the cause of the problem and fixed it yesterday, but comments here suggest that's not the case. The information's been relayed to those who are looking into it and I'll post back as soon as I know more...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

reserved
Grafter

I have just sent a test message from my Waitrose email account via OE to various accounts, and the Yahoo & Hotmail ones arrived immediately but the Plusnet, Greenbee & Waitrose ones have not arrived.  Shocked

edit; other 3 emails arrived after 100+ minutes
Gabe
Grafter

Sending mail Plusnet-to-Plusnet seems to work only if I add a leading space to the address, or angle brackets round it. Otherwise, mail never arrives. Is something screwing the headers?
Gabe
Tony_W
Grafter

Interesting Gabe - that would explain the local email non-deliveries.
Something might have unblocked the system - I am starting to get deliveries of previously sent CGI emails about 12 hours late.
Header (part):
Received: from mx.ironport.plus.net (HELO relay.pcl-ipout02.plus.net) ([84.92.2.65])
 by mx.pcl-ipin01.plus.net with ESMTP; 29 Nov 2009 18:49:47  +0000
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AuUEAKqvEUvUnwec/2dsb2JhbACQVwGzYIFWAY1BhDEE
Received: from ccgi03.force9.net ([212.159.7.156])
 by relay.pcl-ipout02.plus.net with ESMTP;29 Nov 2009 07:19:43 +0000

Ironport problem?
Tony
Tony_W
Grafter

A lot of the CGI ones just arrived in a group - sent between Friday and today.
Tony
Gabe
Grafter

Same here, and the leading-space trick is no longer necessary.  Smiley
Gabe
coastergrotto
Grafter

The two test emails I sent myself at  23:34 and  23:41 last evening have just arrived.  I did receive emails from other people this morning though.
mikeb
Rising Star

I can't substantiate this with any hard evidence but there has been something a bit odd going on with mail via cgi for a while now (a few weeks) I think.  I use a forum hosted by a PN customer and I expect to receive notification emails in response to certain forum activity and in particular when I receive PMs etc.  I found out earlier today that I do not appear to have been receiving all of them as expected lately.  This is very unusual as it is normally only the likes of ironport that regularly eat such genuine messages, however, my incoming PN mail DOES NOT go via ironport and therefore if it is/was an ironport issue then the problem is clearly on the outgoing path rather than the ironport incoming side.
Incidentally, I have also had good reasons to believe (and in 1 case reasonable evidence of) PN incoming mail apparently going AWOL even though my mail DOES NOT come in via ironport but comes in direct to mxcore. I reported this some weeks ago now I think and whilst I've not been able to obtain any further hard evidence since, I am still very much of the opinion that random incoming mail is very occasionally going AWOL for some unknown reason despite not going anywhere remotely close to the ironport boxes.

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue
rammie1976
Grafter

Yesterday mornings emails have just turned up - carrier pigeon would have been faster!  Roll_eyes
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi guys, we had a few routers go up in smoke at one of our London data centres on Friday. The IronPorts are down in London and it transpires that the replacement kit didn't have all of the correct ACL's defined to allow the anti-spam appliances to talk to the mail platform.
It's now sorted so email should start to filter through but there's quite a lot of it backed up. New mail should be arriving immediately.
Sorry about the hassle Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Several of my missing test messages are now coming through, a few at a time.
Seems like the problem is fixed but it is taking time for the backlog to clear.
Thanks Bob & team, I am starting to relax now about lost mails.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
nozzer
Hero
Fixes: 3

The email status is now showing green with all queued emails delivered, but I'm still missing some which were sent to me early today. Are there still delays?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

All the mail from over the weekend has dequeued as far as I'm aware. Any newly sent email should be arriving in good time.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tony_W
Grafter

An email sent to me from the CGI server at 8:50 has taken 17 minutes so far....
A duplicate sent to gmail at the same time (same script) arrived immediately.
Tony