Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Configuration - SPAM etc.

mbeenham
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Email Configuration - SPAM etc.

There seems to be lack of detailed information on the PN mail system (at least I cannot easily find what I need from searches through the PN support pages) so hopefully the answers will be within the accumulated knowledge here (I am new to PN, but have a lifetime's experience of IT).
I have (reluctantly) turned off SPAM filtering for all my domains via my member email settings console. There seems to be at least anecdotal evidence that email is silently dropped by Postini and without a quarantine system I have no way of checking so have no alternative.
However:
1) is this sufficient to ensure that none of my incoming mail is subject to deletion at any level of the Postini implementation?
2) Is there something more I have to request to ensure none of my email is routed anywhere near Postini?
3) I see that my mx records for my domains still point to postini, will they simply pass-through email without meddling?
4) Is there any documentation on boundary filtering using a DNSBL (if used)?
5) If it is, am I right in assuming that any mail rejected at the boundary will be dealt with by returning a message to the sender?
From tests I have done, mail addressed to an undefined alias is not bounced, just silently deleted. I have therefore turned catchall on so that I can deal with any accidentally missplet Wink email username.
I am fortunate (or careful) and receive negligible SPAM. Therefore it is not an issue for me to turn off whatever I need in order to be sure I will receive email intended for me. When I had SPAM filtering on I received more false positives than actual SPAM! Of course I can always move my email onto my own mail server or an alternative supplier, but if I can configure the PN offering to reliably deliver that would be preferable.
TIA