cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Alerting Service two issues

rahewitt
Grafter

Email Alerting Service two issues

I'm having genuine emails from ebay being reported as HTML.Phishing.Auction-113 I'm convinced that these are genuine as I'm mentioned personally in them.
I've had two attempts with different emails to get them unquarantined.  The first never came back to me and the secord gave this message
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
  unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com
    local delivery failed

Can anyone help with this or am I best raising a ticket?
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Email Alerting Service two issues

Can you raise a ticket with the full headers of that bounce message and a bit of background about the situation and post the ticket ID back here?
I've just sent a test virus to an account to see if I can replicate this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

rahewitt
Grafter

Ticket number is: 23216752
Thanks.
Docrob
Grafter

I have been seeing this problem too. I run my own mail server and clamav is reporting genuine ebay mails as Phishing. The problem being that the people who are doing the Phishing are generating mails that are so close to the genuine ones that it is almost impossible to tell them apart. It is only happening with ebay adds though.
Rob
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I'm currently looking into this but presently mail I've sent both from my staff account and from my plusnet account (via gmail's servers and webmail respectively) have not bounced back. I'll continue looking but can't see an overall problem at the moment, as soon as I know more I'll update.
pawhe955
Grafter

I've also spotted this - FYI (Bob/Matt), I've included quite a lot of detail in ticket 23207694, logged yesterday morning.... 
I'm more concerned that core Plusnet servers are not accepting messages from Plusnet customers to "unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com", than I am about not getting my individual message released.....
Due to some of the recent events, I currently have all my main domain email concurrently forwarded to both my PlusNet and my GMAIL POP3 mailboxes/accounts - hence quickly able to see when there's a discrepency in things like which emails having been quarantined - e.g. I received the eBay email via GMAIL o.k....
Cheers,