Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easystart (from 2004) to Broadband your way - Should I switch

benskia
Grafter

Easystart (from 2004) to Broadband your way - Should I switch

Hi folks,
I joined with plus.net 4 years ago with a easystart package for £25 per month.
This currently gives me around 11gb downloads off-peak before limiting kicks in.
I dont usually go over this amount, but its probably because I schedule my downloading to be off-peak, which sometimes is slightly inconvenient.
I'm thinking of switching to the new £20 broadband package which will give me 20gb of downloads. However, I'm wondering if the speed / limitations of this package will be somehow not so good as the older package I'm already on. Or whether the older package uses has all the same restrictions in place anyway nowadays.
By my reckonings I should be able to save a fiver a month and get 9GB more allowance.
Yeah or Ney?
2 REPLIES 2
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Easystart (from 2004) to Broadband your way - Should I switch

You can compare the traffic shaping here; http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm
Personally I was on EasyStart, but changed over to BBYW option 2, and enjoying the extra £10 in my pocket every month  Smiley
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Easystart (from 2004) to Broadband your way - Should I switch

Note that Kitz's site doesn't specifically mention Easystart, although I'm guessing the traffic management for it is the same as 'Legacy Premier'. I would say that moving to BBYW is probably a pretty good idea, though bear in mind that the off-peak hours are only 12-8am on BBYW, rather than 12am-4pm on the older products.