cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Activation

danielson81

Early Activation

Hi,
I think I have been activated early (DSL light on router flashing) , looking at previous posts is it worth me contacting Plusnet to "turn on" things their end? As username/password etc not working yet.
Router says:
Line Mode ADSL2+   Line State Show Time
Line Power State L0   Line Up Time 00:00:24:20
Line Coding Trellis On   Line Up Count 1

Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 13522 Kbps 443 Kbps
Noise Margin 6.2 dB 30.3 dB
Line Attenuation 30.0 dB 13.4 dB
Output Power 0.0 dBm 12.8 dBm
Yesterday nothing at all!
Order says should be completed by Friday 11th.
Dan
RE: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=plusnet%20activated%20early&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDMQFjAB&u...
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Early Activation

I don't know what make of router you have but a flashing ADSL light usually means it is unable to sync with the exchange which in turn means BT haven't completed their work.
So Plusnet wouldn't activate your account yet.
Watch for a solid green light.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
danielson81

Thanks light is solid, its a BT Voyager 2110
I could actually wait but my current connection from a company that doesnt need a BT line is dire!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet can activate your line if you want them to but if they do there is no guarantee it will work if BT have yet to complete the routing from the exchange to Plusnet's door. However charging for your service would start immediately and Plusnet would be unable to raise a fault until the BT order officially completes.
So basically it's your call - but you would have to ring the CSC to get this done before tomorrow.
David