cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXPERT NEEDED : Broadband Download at 0.22mbps this is terrible.

bmjames

EXPERT NEEDED : Broadband Download at 0.22mbps this is terrible.

Well, i think the title of the thread says it all. Now TV, Nope not working, XBox, Nope, Youtube, Yeah if you like to watch bufferring. Any help available at all please. Ive had a new router delivered and still terrible.

5 REPLIES 5
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: EXPERT NEEDED : Broadband Download at 0.22mbps this is terrible.

If this is a consistent 0.2 download that sounds like a banded connection-especially if you've had any issues lately. The DLM at the exchange will have slowed the line to improve stability-the lowest this goes is about 0.25mb. Is the connection stable? If it is it likely just needs a reset-give support a call or maybe one of the staff here can pick this up to look at.

If the line is unstable, or if you're having any noise or issues with the phone line then you may have an underlying problem, and you be best running the home check-in this case plug your system into the test socket and see whether this helps. Otherwise again call support for line tests etc.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

What d/load speed were you promised during sign up?

Follow self help links below. Is the phone line clear of any crackles etc.?

If that's noisy, the BB that runs on it will falter.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

It looks like your line is banded/capped at 200kbps likely because of these drops:

I'm testing your line and I'll update you on your fault ticket 175168961 shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmjames

ok, so its just taken me 1.2 hours to get signed in and remember my friggin password. this is redonkulous. I spoke to plusnet call centre staff the other day and theys say it is a problem at the tam or tan (i dont know lingo) on the network and that its bt openreach problem, no idea if or when or how its going to be sorted, there is still the issue of major static on my line though, but as i dont have a harl line phone any more i cannot tell if this is because of my hand held unit (which up to now has been perfect by the way) i think in all honesty its the problem at the network end AND my wall socket is [-Censored-]ed because when i took the faceplate off to do a hard line test (which was fuzzy) the box pretty much came apart in my hands. can i be sent a new box and ill install it? is this a possibility? i dont fancy paying whatever it is to send out an engineer to fix it. money dont grow on trees, besides im already paying for a sevice im not recieving. last point, i dont know what you mean by you will answer on a support ticket!!! what the hell is that, cant you just answer me here?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

You can find your support tickets here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine