cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EX BESkyBE Just joined ...which router on activation?

art15t
Grafter

EX BESkyBE Just joined ...which router on activation?

Hello and Happy Xmas to ALL  Cheesy
I have a Draytek 8320n or a Billion 7420nx sitting ready to configure. I've taken Business Unlimited with the Annex M (no FTTC yet) option and was wondering if any of you folks are using or have a preference on the above mentioned routers. I sit within a few hundred metres of our local exchange so usually get good DL/UL connections with low latency (ping to bbc.co.uk about 18ms).
Any advice or opinions welcome...also got a spare Cisco 877W going spare with upraged RAM if anyone interested!
ART
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: EX BESkyBE Just joined ...which router on activation?

I suppose the first question is whether all or just some of the routers provide the other functionality you need
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hey up ART,
You've a couple of great routers there. In my opinion, I reckon that they'll both work equally well which ever you decide to use. The most commonly used router (aside from the Technicolor that we supply) is Draytek throughout our Business Customer base (from my experience).
I hope you've had a good Xmas and Welcome to Plusnet and the Community Forums Smiley
art15t
Grafter

Cheers Chris ...AYUP owd I'm oreet LOL. I've got the Draytek in situ right now so I'll go with that first as it's got all my NAT, Port Fowording etc already configured. Was just wondering if some one has a preference. Can I get my static IP up front or do I have to wait?
Regards
dick:quote
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Ayup Wink
If you'd like, we can add you a Static IP on now if you want to know what it is in advance. If you raise a ticket at http://contactus.plus.net requesting it, we'll get that added on for you.
I'm sure some of the regular Community Forum posters will be along to share their views on the routers you've got Smiley
art15t
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I suppose the first question is whether all or just some of the routers provide the other functionality you need

Both do Annex M and are feature rich-ish ...the Cisco however only supports Annex A so that's why it's going. In fact it's been sat doing nothing for a while now so all I need do is flash it with a 15.1 image and it'll be good to go
art15t
Grafter

Quote from: art15t
Hello and Happy Xmas to ALL  Cheesy
I have a Draytek 8320n or a Billion 7420nx sitting ready to configure. I've taken Business Unlimited with the Annex M (no FTTC yet) option and was wondering if any of you folks are using or have a preference on the above mentioned routers. I sit within a few hundred metres of our local exchange so usually get good DL/UL connections with low latency (ping to bbc.co.uk about 18ms).
Any advice or opinions welcome...also got a spare Cisco 877W going spare with upraged RAM if anyone interested!
ART

LOL I should have put my glasses on when posting this ...it's Draytek 2830n & Billion 7402NX but I'm guessing you'd spotted my "deliberate" spelling mistakes