cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOL on FIBRE enabled exchange should i be getting faster speeds?

markb5000
Grafter

EOL on FIBRE enabled exchange should i be getting faster speeds?

Wasnt sure whether to post this in the fibre forum or here so i decided here  :D. Anyway my exchange was fibre enabled recently as part of the superfast cymru (wales) scheme.
Fibre cabinets are going up all over the place but i'm on a EOL and there doesnt appear to be any plans to put up a cabinet where i am so no fibre for me :(.
At the very least i was hoping for ADSL2+ speeds or greater since the exchange is now fibre enabled it should be able to carry more data but i resynced my modem a couple times over the week and no speed increase. I'm still on the usual 6-7mbps (incoming) and 650kbps (outgoing).
Is this something that needs to be adjusted on my account?
5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: EOL on FIBRE enabled exchange should i be getting faster speeds?

Your exchange doesn't have ADSL2+ available I'm afraid.
Some exchanges will link up to a bigger exchange for a fibre capacity so you'll have some exchanges that are fibre enabled but don't support ADSL2+.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Your speed is governed by your distance to the exchange and that hasn't changed - there is no effective data limit at the exchange
markb5000
Grafter

I couldnt see ADSL2+ enabled on samknows either but then it doesnt show FTTC either so is it possible the info hasnt been updated to openreach yet? The exchange was upgraded on the 19th feb according to superfast cymru.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Have you tried this https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html putting in your number.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
markb5000
Grafter

No data available on there strat but thanks.
"There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line."
I've also just been informed by superfast cymru that they will be looking at installing cabs for EOL after the initial rollout so there is perhaps still some hope.