cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic IP Address In Portal?

adamc81

Dynamic IP Address In Portal?

Is there a way to find out what my dynamic IP address is remotely, via the portal?

I am now away and didn't get a chance to set up a static IP or a dynamic DNS service - but is there any way I can find the IP remotely?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dynamic IP Address In Portal?

@adamc81, assuming I am understanding you correctly simply go to Google and enter 'What's My IP' and you'll get a reply.

adamc81

That will give me the IP address of my current connection, but I am not on the plusnet connection as I am remote. So this won't work - I need to get the IP address of the plusnet connection but I am not there (and can't be easily). This is why I was hoping I could get it from the Portal but I can't see it there, Thanks

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I don't think there is a way of seeing it in the portal. A member of staff should be able to see what your current one is if I remember correctly

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Adam.

As far as I'm aware (and I've had a look through the member centre) I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be a way to check what dynamic IP address you're on if you're not connecting via your broadband connection directly.

However if you can PM me the username of the relevant account I'd be happy to provide you with this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet