cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Emails in Junkmail

Ashworth
Dabbler

Duplicate Emails in Junkmail

Since the problem a couple of months ago with the CNN Spam, every email that I receive in my inbox is duplicated with an identical copy in my junkmail box!
I am using Microsoft Outlook and I just wonder if when I was trying to stop he CNN junk from going into my inbox whether I accidently altered an important setting.
I don't seem to be able to stop this and it is happening with every single email that I receive into my inbox.
I have been using Microsoft Outlook for a number of years and until about 2 months ago have never had any problems before. 
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Duplicate Emails in Junkmail

Have you inadvertently set up a message rule that effectively says "when any messages arrive move a copy to my Junk E-mail folder"?
If this is the problem you can probably delete the rule since the PN spam filter now catches messages like the CNN wave.
David
Ashworth
Dabbler

I have looked at all of the settings and I can't see anywhere where I have set it for a copy of every email to go into my junkmail.
Exactly the same has happened today. I have received 5 emails and a copy of every one, sent to 3 different email addresses, has gone into my junkmail.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

how are you looking at the e-mails are you using IMAP?   I use Thunderbird to "Analyse" my mail if I move any mail and dont compact the folder I get two copies when I next download it
Ashworth
Dabbler

I think that I may have sorted it. I have changed one of the settings and I am now only getting one copy going into my Inbox.
I now need to wait and see if i get anything going into my junkmail at all!
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Unless you have set up to have spam moved to your inbox and then dealt with by your Outlook, I think the place to look for junk will be your Webmail spam folder....
Chris
pierre_pierre
Grafter

come on educate us, what did you change?
Ashworth
Dabbler

I went into the Tools Menu and and then Rules and Alerts.
There was a rule there ticked for on this machine only saying 'Apply this rule after this message arrives move it to the junkmail folder.
I unticked that box and everything seeems to be working fine now.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

That roughly how it worked for me when moving the files on the server and not compacting before downloading.