cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped again

RogerDom

Dropped again

Recently put up a post about my speed being 1.5mb at best when i should have been on 4mb at the least, after that post my profile was raised and it increased the speed to 3mb+ish which was actually fine and i was happy with but now it seams to have gone back to old habbits an is down to 1.5mb, 2mb at best, its not my equipment, nothing on my end has changed, is there anything anyone can help with?
10 REPLIES 10
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Dropped again

Hi RogerDom,
I've just ran a line check and looking at it I think you should not only be getting more than you are at the moment but you should be getting far more than the 4Mb, and I'm quite sure I'll get it for you. So, firstly, can you tell me what router you're using, are you using any extension cables/sockets? Do you have a master socket with a test socket behind the lower half of the faceplate?
Jojo Smiley
RogerDom

Hi, thanks for the fast response Smiley
The router i am using is a Belkin N wireless, it's plugged straight into the wall and i dont have a master socket in the house.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RogerDom,
How do you mean it's plugged straight into the wall? Could you describe it? Is it already filtered? Where in the property is it located? What kind of property is it, is it a house or a purpose built flat?
Jojo Smiley
RogerDom

Hi again
I mean that the router isnt connected via any power exstensions, yes its filtered, i live in a house and i live in a town its about 1.6 miles away from the exchange, Dunno if that helps.
RogerDom

Hi, just did a BT test again;
Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.57 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 2.7 Mbps

The profile has been dropped from 3.3mbs to 2.7mbs can you please put it back up.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Can you check if you have a test socket behind your faceplate Smiley
RogerDom

Hi
I don't have a test socket in my house, the only thing that has change over the last week or so is that my plus net profile has been dropped from 3.3mb to 2.7mb can you just put it back up please, there are no issues on my side
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RogerDom,
Our faults checker has identified a problem with your phone line. As we are not your phone provider we cannot raise this for you. You need to raise this fault with your phone provider for them to fix. Once this is done we'll be able to look at any problems you have with your broadband. You can see from all the dropped connections on the graph below how this is affecting your broadband.
Jojo Smiley
RogerDom

Hi
i've given bt a ring an raised the fault, this seems to have fixed it, back up to 3.3mbps. Thanks for the help Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI RogerDom,
I still think your sync should be higher, I be interested to know how the wiring runs in your house.
Jojo Smiley
Just tried calling you. Is there a mobile I can get you on?