cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in Line Speed

HRob2014

Drop in Line Speed

Afternoon,
Our connection has been happily sitting at ~8mb for the majority of our time with Plusnet but in the past few weeks it has dropped to ~2mb. Power outages caused the router to reset so i've left it alone for the past few days (9 according to the router status screen) to see if it stabilises, but nothing has improved.
Initially i ran the further diagnostics on the BT Speedtest site and my IP Profile came in at 8mb. After running the test again today it has now dropped to 2mb (see photo below).
The Line Speed as per the Plusnet indicator is reading 7.15mb. I've thrown in a shot of the router status screen if this is of any use.
Any help rectifying this would be greatly appreciated!

Ta,
Shaun
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Drop in Line Speed

Welcome to the forums
I have a nasty feeling that the BT systems have got their knickers in a twist with a mismatch between the profiles held in different databases
If I am correct a line reset may fix it but if it doesn't it will need direct Plusnet involvement with BTw
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Just looking at this now.
Looks as though something has got stuck on our suppliers side somewhere, I'll post back when I've got a bit more information for you.
HRob2014

Ta very much for the prompt replies so far!
Shaun
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

No worries!
That should be sorted within the next few minutes.
HRob2014

Looking much better now.
Thanks for the help!
Shaun