cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek Modulation Settings

pjmartins

Draytek Modulation Settings

HI,
Anyone know which setting to have on Draytek router for my ADSL setup?
T.1413
G.Lite
G.DMT
ADSL2 Auto(G.992.3)
ADSL2 annex M
ADSL2+ Auto(G.992.5)
ADSL2+ annex M
Multimode
Currently on G.992.5 gives me a lot RX CRC errs, possibly ADSL2 Auto(G.992.3) is the best one.
Pedro
4 REPLIES 4
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Draytek Modulation Settings

'Multimode' should negotiate the best setting with the exchange but sometimes you will get better stability on a longer line by choosing ADSL2 Auto. What is your attenuation?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
G7OEA

I agree with Walker23. Which model of Vigor are you using? Also have you updated the firmware? there have been a few firmware updated that centre around ADSL stability. If you do decide to update the firmware then you MUST go to http://www.draytek.co.uk as the ADSL updates are country specific. good little boxes the draytek I have the 2820. Have a play with the VPN tunnel, great way of getting access to your PC at home.
pjmartins

Thanks guys,
My ATTN = 25 with SNR of 5
I love draytek routers but not sure what my modulation should be!  Not sure if on ADSL2 or ADSL2+
Thanks
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

with attenuation of 25dB you should definitely be on ADSL2+ unless you suffer serious (intermittent?) interference.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.