cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek 2850 connected to Fibre

Strowger

Draytek 2850 connected to Fibre

Just got connect to Plusnet Extra Fibre and having difficulty setting up a Draytek 2850Vn router (it gives facilities which the Plusnet supplied modem doesn't) .
From a posting in an earlier topic relating to the 2850 and VDSL, it appeared easy to set it up to connect but I'm having no joy following their instructions. Could it be because I have a fixed IP? 
I have an Asterisk PBX but can find no way to get my Plusnet VoIP to register from the Asterisk either. Hoping that the Draytek will solve the problem.  The Asterisk has worked for the last six years via a Draytek 2800 router/modem.
Ian
5 REPLIES 5
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Draytek 2850 connected to Fibre

Try configuring settings, Log onto router settings page and configure.
Connection Settings
Broadband Username/Login name username@plusdsl.net
Connection Type / Encapsulation PPPoA /PPP over ATM
Password The password you use to log in to member centre
Virtual Path Identifier (VPI) 0
Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI) 38
Multiplexing method VC Based / VCMUX / VC-Multiplexing
Hope this helps!! Undecided
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
mcintoshuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

For fibre, I think the router needs to be set to use PPPoE to talk to the Openreach Modem.  Those settings look like they're for regular copper ADSL.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

This page http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-fibre-setup-guide.shtml is for the 582n as flashed for fibre router mode.
I don't know if there's anything there that will help you set up the Draytek, and yes it's PPPoE.
Mark
Grafter

Have you set the VLAN Tag to 101. The Draytek manual I have doesnt mention it however it's needed.
Let me know how you get on. I'm having a mare with mine right now which I suspect is either a dodgy router or an incompatibility issue with the ECI line card in the cab.
With the standard OR ECI modem and a TG789vn router I've a perfect 79.9/20 connection. With the Draytek I get huge error count and at 12/14 hours of use the connection drops and wont come back up until the OR modem is reconnected.
I havent had the chance yet to do any serious diags as yet.
M
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

See this guide:
http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2850_setup.html
The Plusnet username and password needs to be set up differently but the rest is the same.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.