cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed at computer is lower than usual

jonnyfriendly
Grafter

Download speed at computer is lower than usual

Can someone have a look at my stats - am getting 8727 at router but only 5270 at computer -Is this normal?
Before BT raised and then lowered my profile a couple of weeks ago i was getting at least 6400 at computer with same set up and a profile of 7150 which i have now
any suggestions welcome
thanks in advance
j
Download speedachieved during the test was - 5270 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8727 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 443 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 16.34:24.48:59.18 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Download speed at computer is lower than usual

Hi jonnyfriendly,
You should be expecting better speeds there especially with a 7150 line profile. I'm going to advise that you visit our fault checker at https://faults.plus.net this will give you some checks to perform to make sure this is not a local problem, a link to the BT speed tester and also give you the opportunity of raising this issue with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team