Did you mean: 

Download speed and Playstation usage

SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Re: Download speed and Playstation usage

Thanks Adam,
I look forward to your response.
Perhaps you could also find time to pass comment :-
If Plusnet can`t provide the service we expected "Can I cancel the contract on the understanding that the product is not fit for the purpose?"

Thankyou
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Just bumping this thread back up again.
Could I please have the name and contact details for a Plusnet manager. This particular thread and previous PN contributors have failed to answer questions or return with update information.
I look forward to a prompt response.
Thank you.
flaminmoses
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
As it stands your upload speeds are capped at 448Kb but we've placed an order for it to be uncapped to you should see an increase in your upload speeds, this can be really helpful for gamers.

that wont make a difference.
before i signed upto fibre i was on about that upload and the game worked very well.
something has changed or some customers were not set up the same way i was.
i get issues now since being changed to the 250gb limit.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: SierraCharlie2
Could I please have the name and contact details for a Plusnet manager. This particular thread and previous PN contributors have failed to answer questions or return with update information.

I think raising a complaint ticket direct to the Complaints Team - see Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice - would be what you are seeking and the most appropriate action to take. As you say feedback here is conspicuous by its absence.
David
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Quote from: flaminmoses
Quote from: Chris
As it stands your upload speeds are capped at 448Kb but we've placed an order for it to be uncapped to you should see an increase in your upload speeds, this can be really helpful for gamers.

that wont make a difference.
before i signed upto fibre i was on about that upload and the game worked very well.
something has changed or some customers were not set up the same way i was.
i get issues now since being changed to the 250gb limit.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and for the information you supply.

Quote from: spraxyt
Quote from: SierraCharlie2

I think raising a complaint ticket direct to the Complaints Team - see Plusnet Complaints Code of Practice - would be what you are seeking and the most appropriate action to take. As you say feedback here is conspicuous by its absence.

Thank you for your reply and the link to the Complaints Code of Practice.  Smiley
I`ll pop and have a look after I have finished composing this reply. The problem seems that no one is prepared to put their name to taking this issue seriously. There is a lot of rhetoric about being sorry and I`ll look into this for you but the statements are hollow and false when they are not followed up. In my opinion, its either being said to pacify or to hope this situation will go away , even possibly a case of passing the buck to a colleague  Undecided
I`ve printed and copied this thread for future reference.
I will also be contacting the Local Trading Standards and asking them the same question that I have posed in previous replies which is :-
"If Plusnet can`t provide the service we expected, Can I cancel the contract on the understanding that the product is not fit for the purpose?"
Now what is that Plusnet logo?
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Bumping this thread back up for the benefit of everyone that has already contributed. Below is the reply I have received back from Plusnet after submitting a ticket to the Complaints Team as per the link given by spraxyt.

I have reviewed the forum post and your account and I'm sorry to say that you are not able to cancel the contract without penalty.
The reason being is that the service is working as it should be and that all action that has been requested other than the resolution of 1 issue has bee fully resolved or completed. As it currently stands your paying for a broadband connection and telephone service.
This service is currently working as you are able to make and receive calls and access the internet for Browsing, Emails, Peer to Peer, Streaming, Gaming etc. All that has not been able to be fully resolved is the fact that the Game FIFA 2013 is not fully compatible. However this is not justification enough to close the account with out cancellation fees, as you can still use the service provided.
There will always be some teething issues with new games and applications when it comes to compatibility issues with new providers. However this is part of the ongoing work the development teams are doing to ensure that we can give you a compatible service wherever possible.
I hope this clarifies our position on this matter.

I would be interested in any comments or replies from new or previous contributors of this thread.  Smiley
TBag
Grafter

Interesting thread. The lag in a game on PS3 could be caused by a number of factors.
- Your download speed is about 13 Mb/s which is more than adequate for many games.
- The ping or latency is an important factor in games. Games requiring low ping e.g. first person shooters etc can perform pretty well on a ping of 30-50 milli seconds. Yet your ping is around 38 ms, and that shouldn't cause any lag.
- Internet connection on your PS3 is another factor. You could test your internet speed by going into PS3 system, and testing your intent connection. It gives an indication of the internet speed that the PS3 is able to utilise.
- Wireless is quite an important factor. If your wireless is weak eg from a weak router, even a range extender would not help, as it is only trying to extend an already weak signal.
- Is there any possibility of using a wired connection on your PS3, just to eliminate your wireless. If you haven't got an ethernet cable long enough, is it possible to take your ps3 and tv near to the router and test the game using the wired connection?
- Lastly, have you any other game that your son could play on PS3, a game like Modern Warfare 2, Black OPs etc. to see if he gets any lag, just to eliminate FIFA2013?
dannystokie
Grafter

I had Lag on FIFA with sky too, it's just a really laggy game and the lag makes it really annoying.
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Quote from: TBag
Interesting thread. The lag in a game on PS3 could be caused by a number of factors.
- Your download speed is about 13 Mb/s which is more than adequate for many games.
- The ping or latency is an important factor in games. Games requiring low ping e.g. first person shooters etc can perform pretty well on a ping of 30-50 milli seconds. Yet your ping is around 38 ms, and that shouldn't cause any lag.
- Internet connection on your PS3 is another factor. You could test your internet speed by going into PS3 system, and testing your intent connection. It gives an indication of the internet speed that the PS3 is able to utilise.
- Wireless is quite an important factor. If your wireless is weak eg from a weak router, even a range extender would not help, as it is only trying to extend an already weak signal.
- Is there any possibility of using a wired connection on your PS3, just to eliminate your wireless. If you haven't got an ethernet cable long enough, is it possible to take your ps3 and tv near to the router and test the game using the wired connection?
- Lastly, have you any other game that your son could play on PS3, a game like Modern Warfare 2, Black OPs etc. to see if he gets any lag, just to eliminate FIFA2013?

Sorry for the delay in responding to your reply. Many thanks for taking the time to reply and for providing the suggestions.  Smiley  I`ll hopefully get to try them over the weekend and report back.

Quote from: dannystokie
I had Lag on FIFA with sky too, it's just a really laggy game and the lag makes it really annoying.

Thank you your reply and the information you provide.
flar3
Grafter

The lag is probably due to the EA servers being god awful!
SierraCharlie2
Dabbler

Quote from: TBag

I have tried the suggestions you have previously recommended except the wired connection option. I will look into this further to see if I can obtain an extension cable.
Having not suffered from these issues previously I am struggling to understand why this should now pose a problem for my son playing his Playstation games.
My son has tried different games, they all appear to suffer from varying degrees of lagging. FIFA is most certainly the worst and most infuriating but Medal of Honour also appears to suffer the next most noticeable form of lagging.
I have since gone back to Plusnet as a follow up to my complaint and their reply as detailed in my post dated 17.04.2013 at 19.36hrs. Their latest response is as follows :-
To address the issues with FIFA. This is something that we have been in touch with EA about and are currently working together for resolution to this issue.
After intensive testing, EA believe that its an issue with IP addresses being seen by them to be in a different location such as Germany which is why players are getting matched more with foreign players. No timescales as of yet as we are depending on EA for resolution and they are just coming into the busy period of the year (Working on FIFA 14).

I would be interested in other peoples opinions of Plusnets latest response.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the issues, let me know if you need any further help.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
koolmacher

I had this problem with Fifa 13 also but it wasn't an online issue I actually had to clear the cache on the ps3 hard drive via the ps3 service menu, if you look it up on google it will give you the instructions on how to do it. Mines been fine since I done it on line or off line Wink