Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DownStream Connection Speed dropped to 512 kbps

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: DownStream Connection Speed dropped to 512 kbps

more important would be for BT to upgrade the backhaul capacity across the country to be able to cope with that kind of throughput
however if a service like that was offering the 10 TV channels I watch + movies (like sky do) for a cheapish price then its certainly something a lot of people would want (I don't mind paying for TV but if I'm going to pay then I want sky1/sy-fy/fx/alibi/watch/and some others) and free movies in a broad range, not to mention the kids wanting the cartoons on a weekend......its the only reason why we get sky before that we hardly ever watched TV (which in all fairness is probably why I have such a large family)
but as things stand right now the backhaul couldn't cope with multi device connectivity (with 2meg dedicated per channel per device) with delivering content to everyone in a large village (assuming they all watch a different channel at the same time ) hell its clearly struggeling to cope with the limited numbers using IPTV services already never mind if that's the only (or best/cheapest) option ...
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Geeman
Dabbler

48 hours connected at 4.1 Mbps, IP profile still not budged from 0.35 Mbps ..... soooooo frustrating  Cry   
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Geeman,
Just checked and nothing's updated today either so I've requested an SNR reset for you - hopefully that should improve things within the next couple of hours, please let us know.
Geeman
Dabbler

Hi
Came in from work tonight and we're cookin with gas.  Actually experiencing some of there fastest download speeds this line has had. Happy chappie again.  Cheers.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Excellent news, thanks for letting us know - really glad it's working well for you. If there's anything else we can help with please let us know.