Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Done fault check says everything is fine but it isn't

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Done fault check says everything is fine but it isn't

That all depends on what tests have been run.
It is not uncommon for POTS tests and ADSL tests to disagree.  Who provides your phone line?
There is a possibility that this is a router issue or an internal wiring issue.
You have not yet completed some if the basic end user checks - cancellation seems premature and unproductive.  If the fault is within your premises or is an obscure line fault, then it will move with you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dwivvc
Grafter

Thanks for your input but with the amount of disconnections on the line there is clearly an issue as it's been going on for 2 months now talk about unproductive Wink and yes I understand that it may be an issue with the location but since I'm moving this won't be an issue. Again thanks for your help and time it has been appreciated 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Depends exactly what tests were done -
Quote from: Dwivvc
Thank you all for your help but unfortunately ive had to cancel the internet as I disconnected a whooping 10 times yesterday! "No fault was found on your line" I disagree!

Where did this "No fault was found on your line" come from? If it was the automated faults checker, you can ignore it as no exhaustive testing will have been done. You seem to have given up far to quickly, but if you are moving, it could depend on how long before you move.
Are you not going to have broadband when you move? If so, cancelling if you are in a contract period is not the wisest of moves.
Dwivvc
Grafter

It came from the ticket that a plusnet staff member sent me even with all the disconnections they didn't seem to be interested. No I don't think I have given up that easily there has been phone calls and tickets regarding this issue that you are unaware of this forum post was just a last ditch attempt but then the issue got too bad for me to justify paying for the service.
And thankfully the place I'm moving to is about 400 yards from  my local exchange and will have have fibre optic so that will be just heavenly and no correctly not contracted so all is well. 
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi again,
I am very sorry that you wish to leave, as I really do believe that we can fix this if you were to remain with us.
There are a couple of references (such as "No issue has been identified in BTW network") to be found scattered across your fault ticket, though I cannot find one with your exact wording that you quote. This information is quite correct though, no BTwholesale fault has been found. This is quite normal and nothing to worry about though. It doesn't actually confirm that there isn't a fault. BTw, in this case have recognised the drops and asked us to double check everything at your side to ensure all your internal wiring checks have been done. Assuming they have been done, and the advice provided by members of the forum has been followed we can quite easily move to the next stage of investigation and I could probably (I'd need to double check this) have an engineer with you by Thursday or Friday.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well if the user is moving shortly, it would probably be a waste of resources IMHO. But maybe worth looking at what went on here to see if any lessons could be learned, were things handled in the best way, etc...
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi Anotherone,
We always try to learn from our mistakes, and I am now going through the history of the account to see if mistakes were made, what was done well, what wasn't done so well etc.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team