cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it matter what router is used at installation?

PLan
Grafter

Does it matter what router is used at installation?

I already have a router(RT-N66U), so when the engineer comes to install will he care if I use that or does it have to be the Plusnet supplied one?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Does it matter what router is used at installation?

Ah the "Dark Knight router" Smiley No, it doesn't need to be our route, but it does need to be FTTC compliant.
It looks like you should be OK to connect this one to the fibre modem though from what I can see here: http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN66U/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

You'll be fine. I use the N56U with fibre & there's no problem whatsoever. Just follow the "Quick Internet Setup" on the GUI as usual. Smiley
PLan
Grafter

OK, as long as the engineer's not bothered ...  Smiley
Dhaos
Grafter

i used my Asus N56u when the engineer came although he left without me having any internet, although i did tell him he could go as i would set the router up later with all the details, it worked fine after putting in my PN username and pass into the router settings.
darklight
Grafter

Great router the RT-N66U, got it mounted on the wall, i can pick up my wifi on my iphone way up the road from my house.