cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does TG585v8 support Port triggering.

mike360
Grafter

Does TG585v8 support Port triggering.

Hi people i was wondering if someone can confirm if the TG585v8 supports port triggering, its supports port forwarding but for multiple xbox 360 iv seen that port triggering is needed to make sure NAT is open on both (not sure if its true) iv highlighted the area which i believe that it does (attached picture) Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Does TG585v8 support Port triggering.

I'm not sure but I'll aim to get an answer to that questions as soon as I can.
EDIT: Yes, when applying a rule for a game or an application trigger ports can also be specified. Let us know if you need any guidance with that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Does TG585v8 support Port triggering.

Ahh, Adam didn't highlight this was for Xbox when he queried this with me.
You don't need to be using port forwarding for this. The TG585v8 has a gaming mode we can enabled, which is essentially an automatic port trigger.
This also means should you ever get yet another Xbox, it should work out the box without a need to adjust the settings in the router.
If you can send me a Private Message with your routers serial number, we can add this for you. If you have already setup the port forwarding though, there is no point, as these settings will conflict and cause more problems.