cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PN charge for replacement routers ?

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Does PN charge for replacement routers ?

Hi all
When I was with 02, they used to send you another router completely free of charge. Is this the case with PN ?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Does PN charge for replacement routers ?

I would imagine that if the supplied router developed a fault, or was suspect of being faulty  within the 1st 12mths then i would say it would bew replaced free of charge under warranty, if after  2 or more years  i would think that it would then be down to plusnet's discretion / company policy , as i doubt they would be in any way obliged to provide a new router FOC
Both o2  & BE support had a habit of nearly always replacing the supplied router each time a customer reported problems, either those routers where really very poor quality, or they favoured replacing the router as opposed to BT openreach  involvement ?
With BE the router was only loaned not given, so when customers left BE the router had to be returned or they charged a £35 fee for it, and it was locked to their network, as are i think the o2 routers ,so they are of  no use with other isp's  So that is the  fundamental difference  you own the plusnet router , where as  o2/be only loaned them out
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Quote from: deathtrap
I would imagine that if the supplied router developed a fault, or was suspect of being faulty  within the 1st 12mths then i would say it would bew replaced free of charge under warranty, if after  2 or more years  i would think that it would then be down to plusnet's discretion / company policy , as i doubt they would be in any way obliged to provide a new router FOC
Both o2  & BE support had a habit of nearly always replacing the supplied router each time a customer reported problems, either those routers where really very poor quality, or they favoured replacing the router as opposed to BT openreach  involvement ?
With BE the router was only loaned not given, so when customers left BE the router had to be returned or they charged a £35 fee for it, and it was locked to their network, as are i think the o2 routers ,so they are of  no use with other isp's  So that is the  fundamental difference  you own the plusnet router , where as  o2/be only loaned them out

Thanks DT.
And do you know how much the charge would be (if any) ?
James
Grafter

We wouldn't charge you if the router was faulty in the first 12 months.
Cagney1994
Rising Star

Quote from: James
We wouldn't charge you if the router was faulty in the first 12 months.

Thanks James.
And what about after the12 months ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

P&P plus 12 month tie in
Or buy a better one  Grin