cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have to transfer to the new service?

Jessica
Grafter

Hi Guys,
Haven’t been here for a while, but I noticed that Plusnet have changed products again.

21 REPLIES 21
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Do we have to transfer to the new service?

No, there is no compulsion to move at all.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Jessica
Grafter

That’s good…  If I was forced to change to a throttled service, I’d leave.
What’s happening to Plusnet?  I thought Plusnet were better than that.

James
Grafter

Jessica - We wouldn't force you on to the new packages.  We've never done this in the past and there's no reason to start now.
So basically, if you're happy with what you have then by all means keep on using it.
Jessica
Grafter

Hi James,
Thanks for the reply.  I can’t believe Plusnet is doing this.  Is your ‘Unlimited’ the same as all the others?  What I mean is, is there a ‘fair usage policy’ in place?
scootie
Grafter

No slim shady FUP's here Smiley . just a wee bit more thottling which to be honest dosent affect me any more than what bbyw3 did to my taffic type usage habbits
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Jessica

I can’t believe Plusnet is doing this...

Neither can we Jessica Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
puddy
Grafter

Hi Jessica
I never signed up with BBYW  i think it was a service cut  i get off peak for midnight till 4pm on my old contract and wont move to the new account.
as i told plusnet contract terms and conditions work both ways
puddy
Jessica
Grafter

I've been looking around for a new ISP; but where I live I’m not exactly spoilt for choice.  I was thinking of signing up with Newnet, but I’ve just noticed that they don’t offer an ‘unlimited’ ‘un-throttled’ service any more.  I’m sure they did Sunday evening; they must have changed packages since the weekend.
For now I’ll stay with Plusnet and stick to my Option 3 package.  If I’m forced to change packages, I’ll leave.
Thanks for all the replies.
Jessica

pcoventry
Grafter

Morning Jessica,
Your not going to be forced to change. We still have a lot of customers on the really old Premier and Plus packages. I get a lot of people asking why they were not changed when a new package came out. The answer is that we won't change a customers package unless it's requested. So if you want to stay on Option 3 then that's fine by us.
I thought about the new unlimited package a lot after being told about it. I couldn't find anything negative about it it's one of those products that truly did wow me. As most people know I was a customer for years before joining us and I've always had a keen eye on the way Plusnet moved with the times. This new lot of products is nothing short of outstanding.
To think how the internet has grown. I can remember paying £65 a month for a 2MB service back in 2003...

Jessica
Grafter

I agree with you.  A truly ‘unlimited’ service is brilliant, but heavy throttling sort-of takes the shine off things.  I think Plusent is the only service provider offering ‘unlimited’.  All the other (in my area) have capped services.
I’m happy to stay with Plusnet as long as I can remain on Option 3.
Cheers,
Jessica
James
Grafter

Jessica - We won't make you change.
Glad to hear you're staying. What you might not have noticed is that we're now offering (note, not forcing) the new products for our existing customers on 12 month contract, if the 18 month contract was too much of a stumbling block for you.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Jessica - We won't make you change.
existing customers on 12 month contract, if the 18 month contract was too much of a stumbling block for you.

Why have plusnet gone from 1 month to 12 month to 18 month contracts?  We keep asking but for some reason and you’re not telling us
Has the money run out from BT and the banks say 1 month contracts offer no security show customers stuck in to 18 month contracts we will lend?
I have asked many times so come on tell us why?
Will new customers want to join plusnet.  If I was a new customer I would run a mile especially with jobs being at risk.
How many isp ask for 18 month contracts, with no new customers joining this could be the end of plusnet I think we are back to the bad old days again
Your new MD must be an accountant
Puddy
thehatman
Grafter

Throttling ruins the experience of the internet.
zubel
Community Veteran

Throttling is part of the design of the internet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QoS
B.,