cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do these figures look OK

Valencia
Grafter

Do these figures look OK

I've had various problems since joining plusnet 27 days ago, the main one being that the DSL link was dropped after a few minutes use, needing a reboot to establish the link, this happened time after time. The line was tested and no fault was found, but one of the support team said he had asked for Interleaving to be turned on, but it kept on doing the same, so finally I borrowed a router from a friend.
Since using it for the past 2 days I have had no problems at all, but my DOWN-STREAM connection rate had dropped.
The support team are aware that I am testing with another router and asked that I do so for 3 days, then get back to them.
I ran the test with the BT speedtest, the results were:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5292 kbps
My SNR varies from 16.5 to 18.2
Unfortunately these mean nothing to me, bring me a car and I can tell whats wrong just by listening, so do these figures look OK

3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Do these figures look OK

not far off the max you can get for BBYW
zubel
Community Veteran

Those figures look great.
If your current router doesn't drop, then I would purchase a new router and throw your old one away.
Once you're happy, you can ask Plusnet to remove interleaving on your line which should bump you up to the full 8128k sync - certainly with that SNR.
B.
atbs1
Grafter

Yes, your figures are good.