Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Do Us Proud' ?

FIXED
lindamott
Dabbler

'Do Us Proud' ?

I have finally thrown myself on the mercy of the experts here as a last resort before i just give up the ghost.
I am an elderly disabled lady .... virtually housebound , i rely on the internet to keep in touch with the outside world.
That has been denied me for the last 3 weeks.
I am not technical in any way , and with the tagline of 'we'll do you proud' , who would have thought i would have to be?
I have tried to report my phone and internet problems in many ways ... live chat , phone troubleshooter and even getting my son here from cornwall to perform a quiet line test for me..... he came 300 miles to do that !!
i now believe it was a mistake to have even switched to plusnet..... when my contract ends in october , i WILL be changing.
its simply not good enough in this age...
i cant get shopping ordered , or prescriptions and i cant even skype my support workers.....
i rely on the entertainment that i purchase through Netflix and OneTV and yet again .... i cant use any of this...
yet still i am being charged for everything..... phone and internet i dont have and entertainment packages that i cannot watch... i am at my wits end...
i am this close to giving up...
this is exploitation of the disabled and elderly ..!!

35 REPLIES 35
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: 'Do Us Proud' ?

Hi @lindamott

Welcome to the forum, Sorry you seem to be having difficulties and I understand your frustration entirely, Someone will be calling you shortly to try to resolve your issues. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for your time on the phone Linda, I am very sorry you're having problems with your service. As discussed, I've arranged an engineer appointment for you and confirmed this via text message.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lindamott
Dabbler

I had a call , thank you ..

an engineer is booked for Thursday but I am now frightened they may be about to charge me...

is it cheaper to just change to virgin and pay the disconnection fee...?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Hi Linda,

A warm welcome tot he forums.  It is disconcerting to learn that the user self tests all ISPs ask users to perform - to eliminate as much as possible that the cause of broadband issues is with your equipment - have been such a challenge to you.  Unless such checks are performed, there is an increased risk that BT Openreach (the people who own and repair the phone lines) will raise a no fault found call out charge of which £65 is passed on to the user by Plusnet.  Many ISPs pass on more of the charge - BT Retail £130, Zen £108.

Given that an engineer call out has been sanctioned, I would suspect that there are fair grounds for believing the problem is not with your equipment ... but I cannot see what staff see!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lindamott
Dabbler

thank you for your reply.... I quite understood everything you went to such pains to tell me as I have heard it in many forms over the last 3 weeks...

so now I have some news..

the engineer arrived and did all the relevant tests and also found the fault to be BTOpenreach works in my vicinity.... they did the work badly and that's why we have been suffering all this time.... it is due to have an underground engineer look at it in the next day or so and there is absolutely no fault in my equipment..

I already knew this as I saw them working just down the road and then it all went pear shaped from then..

my next point now is........ who is to recompense me for the last 3 weeks of patchy sketchy service and no phone... as its been admitted to be a work standard based issue ... I don't think its too much to ask for/

my money has been taken right through this and its just not good enough... someone must be responsible.

thank you for your time  

lindamott
Dabbler

I thought an answer to that question would take longer...... if at all..

anyone looked on trustpilot lately

says volumes

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Linda,

For complete clarity I'm not staff. Where ther has been a loss of service, it is normal practice to wait until the service has been fully restored before considering refunds.

@Gandalf - can you catch please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@lindamott wrote:

my next point now is........ who is to recompense me for the last 3 weeks of patchy sketchy service and no phone... as its been admitted to be a work standard based issue ... I don't think its too much to ask for/

my money has been taken right through this and its just not good enough... someone must be responsible.

Hi Linda, we take payment throughout the fault resolution process because we often don't know until it is resolved what exactly the problem is, sometimes the problem is with the customers equipment.

Once the fault is cleared our faults team will refund you for any loss of service as standard if for some reason that doesn't happen (and it should) just drop me a PM and I'll sort it right away.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
lindamott
Dabbler

well just a little update on this sorry tale !!...

6pm has came and went on the second of the alleged  days that the Underground Engineer was due and i'm still waiting..

I understand that this is far from PlusNet's fault but I feel this helps to keep a good log on things.

so still no phone and very limited broadband , so no Netflix or NowTv for me , for another weekend... sigh

when I know more , I'll let you guys know.

thank you for you time...... I'm going to bed now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi just a thought do you have a mobile ?

When my landline went open circuit my provider transferred incoming calls to my mobile for free during the repair or is not part of PlusNet service as the old saying says  " You get what you pay "

lindamott
Dabbler

its not something I have been offered even though the BT Engineer advised to keep the phone unplugged

as an update however : I received a text about this repair and have been advised that its to stay the same until at least the 24th now.

Myself and eventually PlusNet have done all we can now , it seems to be in the lap of the BT Gods now...

they say it always flows downhill and as I'm socially and demographically at the foot of the hill , maybe I shouldn't expect more.

Sad Sad 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would ask if they do offer to tranfer incoming calls to a mobile as the problem has been going on too long.

I have looked at Thunderpilot does not give me much confidence in Plusnet they are 58 out of 59 so I will keep well clear.

Hope your repair gets done soon.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

All 59 are burdened with the same BT infrastructure provider.

lindamott
Dabbler

just an update really:

I have had no contact from BT , however since about 11am today , my internet speeds have increased considerably:

5.93 Mb Download speed

0.28Mb upload

55 ms ping time

compared to the last 4 weeks , that's supersonic !!

Still don't know officially whether I can use my phone or not tho...that will be a pain , I will have to get my neighbour in to move the furniture again .. ho hum

Happier Wink

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Excessive white space removed.