cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do CSC Agents Read all the ticket from start to finish (james-eh])

markrach
Grafter

Re: Do CSC Agents Read all the ticket from start to finish (james-eh])

Any PN Staff
I have just had an update regarding this ticket and i am not very impressed , to the point of requesting my MAC and removing myself from PN as an ISP .
A simple request after my line became stable to reduce my target SNR has now become blown way out of the water by BTw .
Dear Mr eagles,
BT have completed comprehensive remote diagnostics on your service and have been unable to locate any service faults. Due to this, BT are currently requesting an appointment for an engineer to attend and review the fault from your property.

Ok this is fine this wasnt the request i put in , i know there is no problem with my servise i only want my snr reduced.
[internal] BT diagnotics have checked the service and noted that changing the SNR margin may cause problems and so have requested that a cse check from within the customer premises - so this will need to be done before any changes are done.

I have been through this tons of time , once again there is no problem with my service , 2 PSTN visits and 2 openreach visits comfirmed this
[Sms Message: BT now wish to send an engineer to your premises to investigate your fault further. Please log in at http://contactus.plus.net and reply to your ticket or phone our support team on 0845 1400200 to arrange this. Thank you.]

No i do not want another visit i'm sick of visits. I sorted my problem i purchased a decent router , filter and cables
Why can't anyone get this right , if this is not sorted by Tuesday 31st i'm paying the £140 i was quoted to get my MAC and i'm moving to BE* where i have more control over my BB
Attached are graphs showing my stablility of connection .
Mark
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Mark, it sounds like intervention from James is required. This is BT pratting around, possibily not helped by sufficient info from the faults team.
An Rx Noise Margin plot from throughout the evening would be helpful and perhaps necessary, but also make it crystal clear you do NOT want another BT engineer visit, or in you opinion need one.
I do have one other comment - Whilst I can understand your annoyance/anger at the situation (I would be) posting you speedtest.net result all over the place (other threads) isn't likely to help.
IMHO quotes of such results out of context is meaningless but also open to the wrong interpretation. Your lower throughput is due to BT's system whose name does not appear on the result. Also speedtest.net are notorious for giving unreliable results and I don't believe in promoting something unreliable. Also with any throughput test you can get very varied results depending on network/exchange congestion at the instant of test.
Edit: I would give CSC a ring when things are quiet and make sure that the fault ticket is as upto date with information as possible (including no engineer visit needed/wanted) and update it with an evening noise plot at the end of the evening. Check out of interest was it last dealt with by the faults team or a CSC agent.
markrach
Grafter

Still no reply . I done as you said Anotherone , they have alot of info now , just hope CSC can be bothered to look at it .
James
Grafter

This isn't the CSCs fault at all.
BT have come back to us stating that your line will not support a 9dB target noise margin and that the BT engineer visit is still required.
I can push for the noise margin change if you want me to, but I suspect it might be a bit of a battle.
15 - RRT Accessed- Diagnostic testing tools show that the circuit is dropping sync.
15 - NO BTW FAULT - All tests indicate no fault within the BTW network.Please resolve this issue directly with your customer.
[Clear Reject Action Taken] Please change line profile to 9F
15 - Keith from Plusnet called to ask for case to be passed for further diagnostics and to also change the DSLAM Profile to 9dB Fast.
15 - SP Steve called from Plusnet to get an update on the change in speed profile of the circuit. Informed SP that we cannot make the changes as it will not support the ADSL line.
15 - Advised that there is a need to book an Engineer to resolve the issue.
markrach
Grafter

the onlytimes its dropping sync because over the past week i have made a few ajustment to the router configuration . a reboot saturday morning and 2 x resync on friday afternoon where i used the adsl line test on the DGteam firmware .
I saw nothing wrong with rebooting the router once a day maybe .
James
Grafter

Fair enough.
I'll give them a tinkle.