Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dlist with Redirect address issue

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Dlist with Redirect address issue

Can one of the seniors please take a look at ticket 29815538 - is been buzzing around for a while now and I do not see it moving to resolution.
The issue is that email dlist member addresses which are email redirects end up in the catchall mail box rather than being redirected.  In outline...
1. There's a dlist@mydomain.com
2. There's a redirect fred@mydomain.com which diverts to fredrick@someotherplace.com
3. If fred@mydomain.com is a member of dlist@mydomain.com and an email is sent to the dlist, fred's email ends up in catchall@mydomain.com, not in fredrick@someotherplace.com
4. If and email is sent (direct) to fred@mydomain.com it is correctly redirected to fredrick@someotherplace.com
In short an email sent to a redirect email address via a dlist address is not redirected.
Somewhere in the history of this problem I deleted and reinstated redirect fred@mydomain.com this appeared to "trash" dlist@mydomain.com - emails sent to this address reported FATAL error.
PN did some "maintenance" on my email account and the FATAL error went away, however the redirect failure remains.
It seems that the problem is not being looked at as a whole and the diagnostic information being requested is readily accessible by PN support persons.
Can someone senior please take a look at this as an end to end issue and not try to fix parts of the issue and give the puzzel back to me?
Thanks & Regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Dlist with Redirect address issue

Hi Kevin,
Hve had a quick scan through your ticket and it doesn't look like it's going to be an easy one to get to the bottom of.
Having said that I did try replicating the problem on my own account only to find that mailing lists don't appear to be working at all! (as per your most recent ticket reply) I've raised an internal problem to have this investigated (ref: 58299) however I very much doubt much progress will be made over the weekend I'm afraid Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Bob,
Thanks fo rthe progress update.
FYI I have now found a number of the following messgaes in my mail box...
A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on pih-inmx17.plus.net.
The message identifier is:     1MoP0W-0000vR-3v
The date of the message is:    Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:59:15 +0100
The subject of the message is:
The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
  gap.team-list@mydomain.org.uk
    Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host mlist01.plus.net [192.168.226.81]: 451 qq write error or disk full (#4.3.0)

Looks like someone forgot to do the house-keeping and there's no alerting on the platform!
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ramidoodle
Grafter

Quote from: townman
  gap.team-list@mydomain.org.uk
    Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    host mlist01.plus.net [192.168.226.81]: 451 qq write error or disk full (#4.3.0)

We've flagged this to our network engineers last weekend and got this fixed instantly Cheesy
I haven't used the mailing list much but hope it's working ok now