cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion on Press Release etc. split off from Product Refresh Topic

mal0z
Grafter

Discussion on Press Release etc. split off from Product Refresh Topic

What is also significant is that those sites included a press release that quote the PN MD. Yet no one in PN has seen fit to put that press release here in the forum or blog - have they ???.
who is PN's communication manager( in charge of public/ customer  relations )  ? ? ? ?
15 REPLIES 15
Santiago
Grafter

Re: Product Refresh

Carol Axe ?
techguy
Grafter

As a whooly owned BT subsidiary PR activiity is probably handled centrally so they probably don't have one anymore.
Ah well I'm outta here in T-25 hours so after that the only dealings I'll have with PN are for the phone line to support the ADSL which I'd like to keep till I move as its cheaper than BT but unless they do radically change their minds I won't look at PN again for broadband.
mal0z
Grafter

I think Carol is CSC director ? - something different.
I was meaning in charge of public relations / press releases who advises directors on public relations etc etc, advises them on setting up press conferences , exhibitions etc etc
can we ask them to put press releases etc etc  on the forum / blogs too please Huh
techguy
Grafter

Carol Axe is Director of Customer Support, says so on bottom of the newsletter
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
As a whooly owned BT subsidiary PR activiity is probably handled centrally so they probably don't have one anymore.

maybe - but when I worked  with BT they had marketing /communications managers within each business unit, who had dual reporting roles - one to their business unit ceo, and one to BT central marketing. It may well have changed now though.......
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: techguy
Carol Axe is Director of Customer Support, says so on bottom of the newsletter

Thank you, I stand corrected [I don't get the newsletter]
barquerole
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
What is also significant is that those sites included a press release that quote the PN MD. Yet no one in PN has seen fit to put that press release here in the forum or blog - have they ???.
who is PN's communication manager( in charge of public/ customer  relations )  ? ? ? ?

Isn't it Neil Armstrong?
mal0z
Grafter

No he's a director, not sure what exactly - but marketing director  ? ? - and he would be the Comms. managers line manager ?
barquerole
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
No he's a director, not sure what exactly - but marketing director  ? ? - and he would be the Comms. managers line manager ?

The Comms Manager is Peter Jackson, who has the title of Customer Experience & Communications Manager
mal0z
Grafter

Re: Discussion on Press Release etc. split off from Product Refresh Topic

Oh well - if so - Peter - can we have all copies of press releases etc here on the forum, or at least on bloggs and a link from here - please  Wink
I don't fully understand sometimes the team job titles, and who does what..........
mind you at least we know many PN staff by name which is 1000% better than many ISP's
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What you are looking for can be found at: http://www.plus.net/press/
On that page you will find a very interesting Press Pack and Product Overview. I've printed them to PDF and attached them to this post because I reckon some time tomorrow they will vanish or be replaced. Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chrisc
Aspiring Pro

As Jelv has said you can see our press releases at: http://www.plus.net/press.
We're missing the last release we put about about Christmas usage and obviously the release from yesterday.
I'm going to get these added today, and sort out the press pack and product overview (It's likely that they will be removed in the meantime).
Going forwards we'll look to archive the press releases on the Community site too.
petejackson
Grafter

Here's the Press Release in full.  As Chris has said, for future releases we'll make sure that when the release is made we update the Community site with it as well.

** Plusnet launches the UK’s cheapest standalone broadband service **
* Cheap and quality-assured broadband to help the UK through the economic downturn *
Internet service provider Plusnet (www.plus.net) today unveiled Plusnet Value, the UK’s cheapest broadband. For £5.99 a month Plusnet Value customers will get up to 8Mb speeds, an inclusive wireless router, 24/7 award winning support and a monthly usage allowance of up to 10Gb – with no connection charge.
At the same time, Plusnet is also launching Plusnet Unlimited.  From £11.99 a month customers will get all the benefits included in Plusnet Value but with unlimited usage on top.
Plusnet’s new packages have been launched in response to customers’ concerns over the economy and their own bills.  Whilst many people want to reduce their spending dramatically, they still recognise how vital it is to stay online and keep the benefits of the internet.
Anthony Vollmer, CEO at Plusnet, said: “People are determined to keep their access to the internet via broadband come what may. The web is probably the best job research facility ever invented and, combined with its ability to track down shopping bargains, is the ultimate weapon for families against the current downturn.
“Plusnet’s goal was to make sure that people across the UK could still have quality access to the internet at an absolutely rock-bottom price they won’t find elsewhere.  Plusnet Value achieves this by ensuring broadband is there when customers need it for the internet services they cannot do without.”
The quality and resilience of Plusnet Value and Plusnet Unlimited are assured.  Plusnet is an independent subsidiary of BT and has gained over 50 per cent of its customers through personal recommendation. The company also come top in nine out of eleven categories in the uSwitch broadband customer satisfaction survey, including Best Overall Customer Satisfaction and Best Technical support.
--
Plusnet Value
• £5.99 a month to 80% of the UK broadband market
• For customers not in these geographic areas the Plusnet Value will be £5.99 a month for 3 months and then £11.99
• Wireless router included
• Free set-up
• Up to 8Mb speeds
• 10Gb usage allowance
• 18 month contract applies
Plusnet Unlimited
• £11.99 a month for 3 months then £15.99 a month  to 80% of the UK broadband market
• For customers not in these geographic areas the Plusnet Unlimited will be £11.99 a month for 3 months and then £19.99
• Free set-up
• Up to 8Mb speeds
• Unlimited usage allowance

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Peter
Plusnet Unlimited
• £11.99 a month for 3 months then £15.99 a month  to 80% of the UK broadband market
• For customers not in these geographic areas the Plusnet Value will be £11.99 a month for 3 months and then £19.99
• Free set-up
• Up to 8Mb speeds
• Unlimited usage allowance
Please correct typo