cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects/ speed issues/plusnet unable to fix.

soundout

Disconnects/ speed issues/plusnet unable to fix.

Hello all. I have had a problem for a long time now which I've been trying to get plusnet to fix. They keep saying they have fixed it but the fault is still there. Actually it's two interconnected faults - phone-related and broadband related. On the customer support phone, plusnet told me the problems were connected.
On the broadband side, first, I noticed my broadband was absolutely crawling. I called support and was told my profile had been downgraded. No explanation as to how or why. He reinstated my profile and my speed went up.
But then I kept getting dropped connections and speed drops - drastic drops. Lots of action by plusnet, but no solution yet. I've just been driven to making a formal complaint - let's see if I get any reply.
The concurrent phone problem is that I keep getting calls for a major mail order company who have a number completely different from my own. You can imagine how much of a nuisance that is! Once again action seems to have been taken, including an engineer visit, but the problem persists.
In despair I suggested a renumbering, but plusnet can only say that they feel this may help - no guarantees. Don't want to renumber, have to tell all my contacts and then it hasn't worked! I have joined the forum and posted here as part of my attempt to make plusnet take further action to solve my problems. If any one here has any tips I can use to make something happen, please let me know.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Disconnects/ speed issues/plusnet unable to fix.

Hi soundout,
I've replied to you in your other thread over in the Home Phone forum.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Disconnects/ speed issues/plusnet unable to fix.

topic locked in favour of existing thread.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'