cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects at night

thecount
Dabbler

Disconnects at night

I seem to be having disconnects at about 22:45 at night, it last a couple of minutes and unfortunately it's when I'm upstairs when i can't  see the router except one time when I  saw the router and both the internet and DSL light were green.  I haven't noticed any disconnections in the day and thought it was wireless until I noticed my computer dropped connection a sell and that is connected using an Ethernet connection
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Disconnects at night

Can you post your router stats please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thecount
Dabbler

Thanks for coming abck to me.  I have a Buffalo WBMR-G300N and on the DSL statst I have
DSL Status: Up
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2
DSL Path Mode: FAST
Downstream Rate: 14334 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 1135 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 6db
Upstream Margin: 5db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 29
Upstream Line Attenuation: 13
Downstream Transmit Power: 0
Upstream Transmit Power: 12
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi,
This does not tell us too much - the synch rate is dammed good for your line.  Unfortunately these stats do not show error counts or connected duration.  Sadly when it comes to diagnostics many routers are quite inferior to the PN supplied TG router in that regard.
You really need to see what these stats look like late at night, particularly does the DS margin approach zero?  If it does, that might be indicative of local interference.
Is the disconnection a frequent occurrence?  Is it actually causing you a problem?  Disconnections can happen from time to time fior no untoward reason.  Unless this is happening frequently I would not worry about it.
A radius graph from DCT when they return on Tuesday would be useful to see how frequently you are disconnecting.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.