Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Disconnections

Hi avodat,
We're sorry to hear that you feel that our customer service hasn't been up to scratch and we can understand how it may look with regards to having a fault on a line which never had an issue with another provider in the past. O2 may well have used LLU equipment which could have given a different performance profile as outlined by Townman.
In addition to this, line can degrade over time and there always has be a start point for a fault which is unfortunately what we've seen. I would hope that you would stick with us and progress with the fault however I understand that in some instances, it feels a lot quicker and easier to just take a service elsewhere.
Checking over your account I can see that we never had the fault raised again with us so we haven't had the chance to try moving this forward with the supplier to gain a resolution however if you're able to answer the questions and submit them to us here, we would be more than happy to work with you to get this issue resolved.
avodat
Grafter

This is just what I am getting stressed about - I did raise a fault, many weeks ago until  I was told it was closed (by PlusNet) and that I should stop reporting the errors, as I had been asked to do, in a phone call from PlusNet but, the caller continued, if I upgraded...
So, I thought I would come on your fora to ask the question but, as the posts above this one will show, we have got anywhere useful at all, except a suggestion to ask the wider community and see what they think - but what is the point if, having asked on a community forum, and your experts cannot resolve it, in raising another 'fault' or, indeed, asking the wider community members, many of whom, I note, have similar problems??  You cannot, or will not, resolve the issue or you would have done it during the weeks I have been complaining, surely?
This has been going on for months, coincidentally, from near the anniversary of me signing up with Plusnet, and it is now August and we are no further forward than when it first started, except the phone call to suggest I should upgrade!
I joined PlusNet because your reputation for customer service was really good. However, from the very start with you and over the past few months with this issue, I have not found that to be case in any respect, I am sad to say.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Avodat,
Welcome back from your holiday - I wondered where you and your problem had vanished to.
I do not speak for PlusNet, just myself a customer like you.  Sadly sometimes staff in call centre can make mistakes - IMHO the advice given before to stop reporting errors was wrong and the advice to upgrade to fibre was inappropriate.  As confirmed by Adam, it is possible that the O2 service was delivered over LLU which means that different equipment would have been used in the exchange.  What is being used now by PlusNet is BT Wholesale's WBC products which uses' BT's own equipment.  So that is at least one difference between what you had and what you've got.
The difference is raising a new fault report is that this one will be overseen by the CRT unit - if there is not the appropriate progress, they will monitor and review what is happening.  Sometimes issues are obscure and difficult and they need escalation for resolution.  Some time ago I had difficult line issues (business line) and that was not resolved by the "normal" because they accepted BTOR reposts that "nothing was wrong", when from the stats (which I asked you to post) I could clearly see what (symptom) was wrong.
From the information requested, I can tell you if your line is running at the right SYNCH speed, if your line is configured to deliver the correct DATA speed, if the line is experiencing an undue level of errors and even if there is some possibility that your line is experiencing electrical interference.  If necessary, I can guide you in installing monitoring software which will tell you exactly what is happening on your line in more detail than can be seen by PlusNet or BTOR.  It does though need some assistance from you.
Note if the problem is with your line and or exchange equipment, moving ISP is not going to alter the problem.  PlusNet support is sometimes not as good as it might be, but in general I think it is better than most - these support forums are excellent and in addition to the PlusNet resources are supplemented by many people having tens of years experience (each) in supporting IT systems.
I again invite you to acquire the information asked for here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html and raising a new fault report here - http://faults.plus.net
I hope that I'll be able to help you get to the bottom of this in the near future.
Kind regards,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.