cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections (my choice) now causing low speeds?

krs360
Grafter

Disconnections (my choice) now causing low speeds?

Hello,
Recently there have been a lot of dropped PPP connections by my connection. The reason for this is that I spent a couple of hours configuring an IPv6 tunnel over my network, each time I made changes and restarted the networking on my Linux firewall/gateway, it dropped the connection which is done via PPPOE.
As a result my entire LAN now has access to IPv6, however my speed seems to of gone from just short of 7Mbit down to being hard capped @ between 3 and 4Mbit.
PPP0 Uptime (Plusnet): 1 Days, 15 Hours, 10 Minutes, 32 Seconds. << I've finished configuring stuff now and there should not be anymore drops.
It's a bit of a nightmare at this speed and I don't know how people could live with 3/4mbit down. If my Mrs is watching some sort of online streaming service it totally saturates the connection. I have QoS setup but I don't want to re-write the rules.
Could someone take a look into this and see if I am being capped please?
Also, if anyone is interested in IPv6 through a tunnel I can point you in the right direction..
Many thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Disconnections (my choice) now causing low speeds?

Hi there,
No doubt the disconnections will have caused the speed profile on our supplier's side to be lowered.
I've submitted an SNR reset which should bring that back in line within the next couple of hours
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
krs360
Grafter

Greatly appreciated! I'll keep an eye on it Smiley
krs360
Grafter

Sorted, back to normal speeds.
I don't suppose you have any control over the threshold do you? Or a way to FORCE my snr to whatever it's @ 3 or 6 I guess?
Personally, the only drops I experience are ones that I intend to happen, if my connection were to get dodgy it's something I would notice fairly quickly.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Your current sync speeds are at the maximum available for an ADSL(20CN) so your SNR ratio is currently at the correct values.
I've had a look at your connection too and everything seems to be stable.