Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections for at least a week

chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Disconnections for at least a week

@ PN Support Team

For more than week I have experienced broadband disconnections every couple of days.

Today, it was really bad.  The landline had a dial tone, but the broadband was disconnected for nearly 4 hours.

Is there any work carried out by Openreach in my area?  If so, why was I not informed of this?

All this on top of BT Wholesale Speed test still not working for me - using IE11 with W10.

Your input on both above 2 issues will be appreciated.

Chandu.

10 REPLIES 10
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Disconnections for at least a week

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any cause for this and there's been no outages reported in your area.

If the drops continued I'd recommend raising a fault here so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

@MatthewWheeler,

I have gone through these tests before with Adam Walker some years ago, when he had decided to do the "lift and shift" of line and since then I have had very stable line.  All of a sudden lately, I am having unstable line (every couple of days). So, it makes me wonder if BT Engineer/s has/have put me on an unstable line, accidentally or otherwise.

Chandu.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Chandu, your line isn't likely to change unless we've placed an order to do that (which we haven't) or if a fault has been investigated. As some time has passed it would be a good idea to do the checks again as line conditions and other environmental factors are likely to have changed. Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

@adamwalker and @MatthewWheeler,

Hello Adam, long time since I had a post from you!!!

As my connection has been stable for over 2 days currently, I will wait and see how it behaves in next few days and then decide to go through the tests suggested by Matthew, if necessary.

Currently my noise margins are: 6.2/5.8 upload and download respectively

So, let us see how it behaves and what noise margins causes it to drop the connection.

Many regards,

Chandu.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @chandu,

That would be brilliant, thank you - please let us know if this issue returns and, if so, whether the troubleshooting checks have helped.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

@EmilyD

Thanks for your prompt response.

The connection has been stable for over 5 days.  I have made no changes at my end.  So, it makes me think that something had been happening in my area either at the exchange or at the cabinet during the week in question.

Chandu.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No worries.

Glad to hear your service is stable now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
chandu
Rising Star

@Gandalf and @EmilyD,

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I have had a stable connection for just over 15 days.  It disconnected briefly yesterday, 10/09/2018 and reconnected soon after.  It has been stable for over a day with noise margins of 6.0 dB (upload) and 6.1 dB(download).

Let us hope that with these noise margins it last for just as long.

Regards,

Chandu.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's great to see, thanks for letting us know Chandu. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chandu
Rising Star

Hi @adamwalker,

Yes, it is great news.  But what worries me is that some 3 weeks ago I have had multiple disconnections within 1 week and yet your records shows that every thing was good.  I suspect something was going on at BTW in my area during that week (either at cabinet level or in exchange).

Currently we are connected for over 2 days and my the noise margins show 5.9 db (up) and 5.7 db (down).

No doubt, if it does start to misbehave, you will hear from me.

Regards,

Chandu.