Did you mean: 

Disconnections Low SNR at Evening

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Disconnections Low SNR at Evening

Yeah yeah, will you lot ie plusnet and BT stop repeating yourself about it

I'm not quite sure how much more we can help.
We've sent 7 engineers out who have identified the issues as being with Third Party equipment. This is something outside both BT Openreach's and Plusnet's control. I've spoken to Andy and I can see that the engineer has disclosed that the piece of equipment (Freeview Power Supply) is causing the issue at another premises.
If this is affecting a number of people in the area, perhaps getting in touch with other members of the community would be a good idea to try and get to the bottom of the issue. As much as we'd love to be able to help further and fix the issue, it's within our remit, nor do we have the power to take such actions against a member of the public that's using their electrical equipment as they see fit.
Oh and if this is the way that BT and plusnet treat there customers then I do really wish that I could turn back time and stay with O2/Sky

I can only imagine that their actions would have been the same - it's entirely outside of ours and BT's control unfortunately.
ONeill
Grafter

@ Townman
The BT REIN engineer from last week did knock on the doors in the area that was making loud interference on the radio and did find at 1 bungalow which had no internet and just phone the source of the problem with he told me was a black 12v power plug for a freeview box and did tell the said person that it was interfering with broadband in the area and the person told him that they would replace it and try to keep it of as much as possible.
The engineer never told me the address of the person because if he did I would of gone round and sorted it out myself  Shocked
@Chris
7 BT engineers that were lazy, did not know what they were doing and had poor attitudes, I asked for a REIN engineer from the very go and even after the first engineer came he said he would rasie a REIN case and as you can see it took 7 just to get one out.
The neighbours would not know a REIN problem or a problem with there broadband if it slapped them in the face.
I never once had this problem with O2 because as I've been told they use different equipment and software, which to me is alot better then BT's equipment/software, just a shame that Virgin Media is not in my area or I would of gone with them and ditched the BT line and line rental altogether, as all I really need is broadband with no line rental from BT because we never use the land line any more, it's only there for broadband  Roll_eyes
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Quote from: ONeill
@ Townman
... the source of the problem with he told me was a black 12v power plug for a freeview box and did tell the said person that it was interfering with broadband in the area and the person told him that they would replace it and try to keep it off as much as possible.
Chris
I never once had this problem with O2 because as I've been told they use different equipment and software

Yup, a simple power supply having nothing to do with telephones, broadband or your own home can indeed cause havoc over quite a wide area, especially if a d-side pair bundle passes close to the location of the REIN.

So when you were with O2 can you be sure that the REIN was present then?  I suspect not - aside from Virgin the d-side circuits for all ISPs are provided by BTOR.  Or to look at the matter differently, are you claiming that when you changed over to PN, you had brand new wires installed or used different wires to those which your O2 service utilised?
In the majority of cases, REIN in induced into the d-side part of the circuit and thus is not likely to be different / affected by LLU or other in-exchange differences.

As I suggested before, REIN somewhat comes under Ofcom's remit; certainly they have delegated enforcement powers in respect of EMC regulations - see http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/enforcement/spectrum-enforcement/plt/
The electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) regulatory regime
All electronic products placed on the market in the UK – including PLT devices – are required to comply with the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2006 (Statutory Instrument number 2006/3418) (the "EMC Regulations"). This implements an EU Directive (204/108/EC).
In summary, electronic equipment (which generates an electromagnetic disturbance) must only be placed on the market if it complies with certain relevant requirements. Equally, Member States must not impede the placing on the market of equipment if it does comply.
The key requirement is that equipment must meet "essential requirements". These are –
that the electromagnetic disturbance generated by electronic equipment does not exceed a level above which radio and telecommunications equipment or other equipment cannot operate as intended; and
that the equipment itself has an adequate level of immunity to electromagnetic disturbance.

Ofcom's role under EMC legislation
The UK Government department for Business Innovation and Skill (BIS) is responsible for overseeing the EMC Regulations.
Enforcement powers are delegated to Ofcom where there is a radio spectrum protection or management issue. Ofcom can bring criminal prosecutions and can suspend sales if it believes an offence is taking place.

Note however that the delegation of powers scope is (possibly) restricted to RADIO SPECTRUM and not all telecommunications.  If nothing else BIS should be able to assist.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Much of the frequency range used by ADSL is also used by AM radio, so it might still come under the radio spectrum, especially if it can be detected on a AM / MW radio.