cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections Low SNR at Evening

ONeill
Grafter

Re: Disconnections Low SNR at Evening

He did tell me that I was lucky to get him, if only I could win the lottery with that luck  Grin
He told me to keep the modem on and not touch it, not even to restart it to get back online so he could compare it to other lines, so after the interference being on for now 26 hours it's finaly turned off (turned down) and I can get back online, just got to wait for him to come back out and see what he can do, he did seem to think that what ever it is, it's only effecting people connected to my telegraph pole.  Grin
He did tell me that the SNR should be set at 6 and not 3 due to the way the system is  Shocked  Grin
ONeill
Grafter

It's now saturday and yet no show of BT engineer, talk about  incompetence or what said he was going to come out and can't be bothered, problem is still happening and I'm still annoyed at it and with BT's lack of show, would be quicker if I had the equipment and do it myself.
ONeill
Grafter

It is now Monday morning and still no show of the BT engineer, can you chase it up with BT and see where the bloke on wednesday has got to please.  Roll_eyes
So good for monitoring the line and coming back  Angry
Update
Had an email from support who will get back in touch later and some half arsed thing about my line me fine for several days, if the had look properly they would of seen it played up on friday night and again saturday night into sunday and all day sunday before switching off again at night some time.
Still does not explain why the engineer did not come back out when he said he would.
ONeill
Grafter

At about 14:30 I had another resync and this time my upload speed as gone from 866 kbps to 288 kbps. ?
Still no show of the BT engineer, he did promise  me he would be back on this friday just gone, so where has he got to. ?
Are BT monitoring my line still and are they going to compare it to other lines to see if you can find the problem still or has it been forgotten about ?
Now what is going on, I'm getting confused with the lack of information and no show ?.
For the record I'm not sure if you are monitoring my line or when you started doing it, but the interference was on from wednesday 22:00 untill thursday at about 00:00 (midnight), came on again friday at 23:15 for about 40 minutes or so, it was then back on again from saturday night  some time until sunday night, each time staying on for about 26 hours.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just popped an update on the Fault Ticket for our Faults Team. They will be back in touch as soon as they can.
ONeill
Grafter

Just got back online again after the exchange resynced me.
The interference is still on and has been on since Monday at 22:00 hours, I have noticed now that it is on for about 24-26 hours at a time now and not the 12 hours it was before, seems it's getting worse, I've also noticed that when my Downstream SNR falls to 0 dB and below that my Uploadstream SNR rises to 19 dB.
What is going on Chris, are you monitoring my line and when did it start and why has the BT engineer not showed up again like he said he would  ?.
Because it seems I am getting no answers from any one.
ONeill
Grafter

What is going on, it is now wednesday and still no phone call or email from any one and still no answers to my questions ?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our Faults Team are monitoring your connection at the moment.
Your ticket came off hold on 04/03/2014 @ 07:10 - it takes up to 48-72 hours from this point for our Faults Team to get back in touch with you.
Just a reminder that Openreach are investigating this REIN Issue as a gesture of goodwill. An REIN Engineer will only attend if time is given and if other Line Faults are found in your locality which can be fixed by an engineer on the Openreach Network, these will take precedence.
It's very likely that the source of REIN you're having problems with isn't being caused by BT equipment, in most cases, it's street lights or shop signs (neon signs). We and Openreach will do what we can to help and get this issue resolved.
ONeill
Grafter

1. If you are monitoring my line at the moment then the interference started up again on Monday 3/3/2014 @ 22:00, it then lasted for about 25 hours and switching off again at Tuesday 4/4/2014 between 22:00 and 23:00, I did had a resync on Tueday at about 19:00 by the exchange, at this rate the interference wont be back on again to about 22:00 tonight, it has got worse after the power cut we had recently.
2. Why did it take so long for my line to be monitored when the engineer came last week and why wait until Tuesday to start it why not thursday last week or this monday just gone.
3. As I've said before and has the BT engineer said last wednesday, the interference is local and he thinks it's only of my pole.
4. I know all about Rein issue and good will but it does not explain why the BT engineer said he was going to come out on friday and never did show up unless he meant this friday coming but why did he not say next friday instead then ?
5 .Also why has my upload speed gone down to 294 from 866 has no one can tell my why
Also on a side note BT should investigate Rein issues as standed now and not a goodwill gesture as it will effect alot of people and should have more Rein trained engineers or at least make them aware of what Rein issues are.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

1. When we book an engineer to visit, we place your Fault Ticket on hold for a short time to give your line some time to give our Faults Team more data when we come to testing your line again. We aim to get back in touch with all customers regardless of fault type within 48-72 hours.
2. We need time for the line to operate so we can get as much detailed information as possible.
3. The engineer hasn't raised a REIN Case with the REIN Team, that is likely because the engineer hasn't he/she would like to investigate further.
4. We've not received any notes to show or explain that the engineer will go back out. We would generally arrange this further with you - this will be done once our Faults Team pick the ticket back up. I appreciate the engineer may have arranged this with you, however we can't hold an engineer accountable for a visit that hasn't been documented with the ISP.
5. Our Faults Team will look into this as part of the ongoing investigation.
I appreciate your comments with regards to REIN, however, from working in the Faults Team myself, I know how much time and resource such issues can take up from engineers when most REIN Issues are caused by a third party. It's not BT's responsibility to ensure your line is REIN free from your premises to the cabinet and back to the exchange - this is because if your line goes past a street light that's causing the problem, the best that can be done, is sending a letter to the Local Authority to see if there is anything they can do to investigate.
I really can appreciate that it's frustrating having this type of fault, they can take a long time to resolve, but as it stands, we're working with our suppliers to do the best we can to get the issue fixed, if possible.
ONeill
Grafter

That clear things up abit Chris thanks  Wink
3. it seems the engineer was lying to me then, he said he would rasie the case as an Rein issue, he also said that he would monitor the line and compare it to other lines in my area to find the fault.
4. You may not of received any notes but he did say it, so it seems it was lying to on this as he had to get hold of PN first.
5. it only went down to 294 when it resynced on Tuesday at about 14:00 I think it was.
I think the interference is some ones faulty equipment that is set to come on, like a fish tank or some thing similar.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's fair enough.
The Faults Team will be in touch very soon and we'll get together with our suppliers and do what we can to get this sorted out.
ONeill
Grafter

It's now Friday and still no word from them either from phone call or email  Angry
The interference has now been on since Wednesday night at 21:00 hours and is now at 43 hours and counting, I think it might have finaly broke and is staying on.  Shocked Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just chased this up and your ticket is due to be picked up this afternoon.
ONeill
Grafter

Just had another resync and UPLOAD speed has gone back to 864, so it looks like you have finished monitoring my line.
The interference is still on and has been on for 45 hours now, I can tell it's still on by the graph which I've included by SNR is at 6 and my sync is at 3659
Edit
Has I was typing this I had another resync.